Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I feel like in this scheme his job is to hold his position because of his height and let the other DT get upfield. Either that or he took a big step back. I don't really know man.
nonsensical. Hargraves has the build to be your anchor point. the 6'7 lineman should not be 'holding his ground' when he has the length to get upfield and either challenge the pass with a swat, or get his arms involved and disrupt the passer.

calh45

Cal
Daps
It's crazy how we cannot get to the QB on third down, it's been like that all season too.
When I'm less annoyed about this game it should be talked about how Bosa stole money. Watt and Garrett are destroying offenses by themselves and we can barely get any pressure from him

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I'mma say what no one else wants to say.

Armstead too damn big to be playing this soft. That he doesn't consistently command a double is an indictment of something in his game, because the range should be there even if the leverage isn't. Man getting paid too much to be more invisible than Randy Gregory :stopitslime:
not to mention Vikes have a backup guard in there, how are AA and Hargrave invisible on obvious passing downs

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Breh Cousins is playing another one of those games where he looks like a top 10 QB and goes back to being ass against everybody else.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
The lack of a pass rush is killing us, they are sending everything at bosa to slow him down and no one else can get to the qb

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
nonsensical. Hargraves has the build to be your anchor point. the 6'7 lineman should not be 'holding his ground' when he has the length to get upfield and either challenge the pass with a swat, or get his arms involved and disrupt the passer.

True but leverage is his issue especially being like 6'7. It's almost impossible for him to get low enough unless he overpowers people, I just don't see that in him like we did with Buckner. You absolutely have a point about him not getting his hands up tho.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Imagine if Jefferson was playing. We'd probably be blowing them boys out. Also the Vikings have completely stopped running the ball.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I think they just trying to be not as obvious as what playcall/coverage they on D, ie disguise. Wilks doesnt do enough of those and I think Cousins been taking advantage of peeking at defensive calls before the snap

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
True but leverage is his issue especially being like 6'7. It's almost impossible for him to get low enough unless he overpowers people, I just don't see that in him like we did with Buckner. You absolutely have a point about him not getting his hands up tho.
then it's time for him to diversify his rush. If you're never going to be low enough to get under a guard/tackle, then go high and use your longer arms to engage them before they reach for you and exert control that way.
He's been in the league for ages at this point, and they've moved him all over the line, from the failed edge experiment to them attempting to run him at hybrid NT. Time to do some work on his end to not disappear and be a 'hold the line' body.

Nothing tells me Givens'n'em can't do at least that for much less money.

Status
Not open for further replies.