Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's everyone's prediction on the next 2 games. We got one Sunday then a quick turnaround to Thursday. I think we take Sunday 35-17 and the next game will be sloppy, wouldn't be surprised with a loss but I think we win a close one 21-17.
probably 2-0, it helps that the giants game is at home. home teams tend to win on thursday night

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
As I said before. The defense is finally elite. The secondary is light years better so I'm really expecting turnovers every game with this defense. I don't think people know how tough this defense is.

Not even Kyle's piss poor play calling can fukk it up.

Only injuries can stop them

:whew: if we don't get number 6, I'll help Kyle pack his shyt myself. I'm still a little worried about the secondary though, there were a LOT of open receivers last week that Pickett missed.
probably 2-0, it helps that the giants game is at home. home teams tend to win on thursday night

Close games or comfortable wins?

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Close games or comfortable wins?
I think this team is too stacked to not expect wins unless people get injured, which is kinda obvious but when we are at 100% I'm confident against anyone in the league. We'll get beat sometimes but when it's a close game I'm fully confident in our playmakers to make a play.

I guess we'll see if mobile QBs still give our defense fits, but health is the only thing that keeps me from being sure we will be contending in late January.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Alright I gotta ask others now that JTO also has noted this on his film review

There are many plays where Deebo plays window dressing role and isnt part of the play. Hes straight up jogging on these plays. The thing is, if nothing is open on those plays, Deebo could be a dumpoff/checkdown option but he kinda takes himself out of the play.

Now I know, the ball isnt supposed to go to him, but I aint see any other WRs do this. When he was out last year, Ray Ray was busting his chops on similar plays... its really JUST Deebo doing this

any thoughts ? maybe they trying to conserve him/his energy as hes by far the most explosive guy on the offense ?

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

There are many plays where Deebo plays window dressing role and isnt part of the play. Hes straight up jogging on these plays. The thing is, if nothing is open on those plays, Deebo could be a dumpoff/checkdown option but he kinda takes himself out of the play.

Now I know, the ball isnt supposed to go to him, but I aint see any other WRs do this. When he was out last year, Ray Ray was busting his chops on similar plays... its really JUST Deebo doing this

any thoughts ? maybe they trying to conserve him/his energy as hes by far the most explosive guy on the offense ?

Yeah, I noticed this too. I know when I played sometimes we'd do that in order to settle into a spot in the zone and sometimes the DB would match our speed too which gives the #1 guy even more space. Some teams will see that and see he isn't the main guy and leave him somewhat uncovered and drift towards the main guy and then leave Debo as an outlet guy. I will say that you typically don't want to do that because you may want to use that same play but have the decoy as the red or main option. But in his defense, we don't want this man getting hurt on a non-contact play so they may have actually told him to go 75% on dummy routes.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

I'd be more worried if Deebo wasn't used as a human wrecking ball every time he touches the ball. And if anything, Kyle could use it late in the season/playoffs when everyone in the league "knows" Deebo wont do shyt in those plays :manny: we just need Deebo to be there come playoffs time.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I'd be more worried if Deebo wasn't used as a human wrecking ball every time he touches the ball. And if anything, Kyle could use it late in the season/playoffs when everyone in the league "knows" Deebo wont do shyt in those plays :manny: we just need Deebo to be there come playoffs time.

Yep, Kyle is good at setting up plays and running that exact same play with a wrinkle that catches the D off guard.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Lambs looked decent in week 1. It felt like one of those aging teams that you know probably doesn't have a lot in the tank but they are trying to remind everyone who they were.

This could still be a tough match up and these teams know each other so well.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I wont be able to watch most of the game unless the family bbq we have today ends earlier than usual. All I care about is no big injuries, so don't fukk it up @Bryan Danielson, you have 1 job :ufdup:

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I'll wont be able to watch most of the game unless the family bbq we have today ends earlier than usual. All I care about is no big injuries, so don't fukk it up @Bryan Danielson, you have 1 job :ufdup:

You ain’t even do your job and bet on who gonna get a pick 6:beli:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Lambs looked decent in week 1. It felt like one of those aging teams that you know probably doesn't have a lot in the tank but they are trying to remind everyone who they were.

This could still be a tough match up and these teams know each other so well.

The Seahawks had absolutely no pass rush. Their defense looked horrible and they barely ran. I watched their game yesterday and the Seahawks looked like they were in prevent all second half. It was pathetic breh.

Status
Not open for further replies.