Toys “R” Us Returning With New Stores Inside Every Macy’s Location In The U.S.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I was in Canada last week and they still open there. I went in and its still the same layout, nothing has changed.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Isn't Macy's on its last legs??? There's no need for this.

I was about to say the exact same thing. How does this benefit Toys R Us considering that Macy's has been closing stores left and right for years now. It wouldn't even be worth wasting the money creating the retail space if the specific store is going to eventually close.

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
RIP Toys R Us and the gold standard FAO. Even when I knew I wasn't getting shyt I still loved running around those places as a kid. Now my son thinks Target is a toy store :hhh:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Wait, last time I heard anything about TRU was they had an "activity space/toy store concept" or some shyt. I guess that failed.

This will also fail.

A better play would be to ditch the whole buy toys in the store concept and just open a bunch of nostalgic Dave and Busters type joints and sell toys online :yeshrug:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Someone refresh my memory...

Toys R Us was a good company that was ruined by Bain Capital, right?
Pretty sure that was the deal. Bain Capital fukks all these companies up by making them take on all this debt and pays its investors and executives all this money, then leaves them to die as they're leveraged to death.

Or maybe I'm confusing them with every other company those Bain fukkfaces deal with.
Spot on. Toy R Us were doing well before Bain Capital got involved. A handful of people got richer on the deal, but tens of thousands got laid off.

The story of how Eddie Lampert intentionally ran Sears into the ground is far worse.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I'm highly skeptikal, so I'm not gonna tell my sons Toys R Us is coming back:pachaha:

The more I think about it, we done had some Macy's close down here in central Illinois:heh:

I gotta look and find how many we have