Toys “R” Us Returning With New Stores Inside Every Macy’s Location In The U.S.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC

Issa Comeback! Toys “R” Us Returning With New Stores Inside Every Macy’s Location In The U.S.​

BY DANIELLE JENNINGS
19 July 2022
SHARES
Toys

Americans were devastated when the news broke that iconic toy store, Toys “R” Us was officially closing after filing for bankruptcy—but it appears that wishes come true, as it looks like things are back on track. It was just announced that beginning this October, Toys “R” Us is officially coming back, with brand new stores inside every Macy’s department store in the U.S., just in time for the holiday season.
Less than two months before Christmas, Toys “R” Us will finally make its long-awaited return, as U.S. shoppers can relive their childhoods and make their children happy at the same time. @NBCNews reports, starting in mid-October, Toys “R” will make its grand return courtesy of new stores inside all Macy’s locations nationwide. The new in-store toy shops will range from 1,000 square feet to 10,000 square feet, along with the ability to expand up to an additional 3,000 square feet to offer a wider assortment of the products customers love.
Additionally, the updated Toys “R” Us will feature hands-on demonstration tables and a life-size version of Geoffrey Giraffe sitting on a bench for families to take photos with during their shopping experience. From October 15th through October 23rd, Macy’s is set to host nine days of in-store events, such as family activities and daily giveaways from brands like Barbie and LEGO, to celebrate the company’s return.
One of the reasons that Toys “R” Us was able to return after its bankruptcy filing is due to the enormous surge of U.S. toy sales during the COVID-19 pandemic, specifically racking up $29 billion in 2021. Retail insights group NPD Group noted that toy sales rose because of the stimulus checks Americans received.

You’ll recall that back in March 2021, WHP Global officially bought the company for an undisclosed amount. That business move was followed by Macy’s as they began offering the beloved toy store’s products on its website.
Speaking about the new store openings, Yehuda Shmidman, Chairman and CEO of WHP Global had this to say. “We’re in the brand business, and Toys “R” Us is the single most credible, trusted, and beloved toy brand in the world. We’re coming off a year where toys are just on fire. … And for Toys “R” Us, the U.S. is really a blank canvas.”

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Someone refresh my memory...

Toys R Us was a good company that was ruined by Bain Capital, right?
Pretty sure that was the deal. Bain Capital fukks all these companies up by making them take on all this debt and pays its investors and executives all this money, then leaves them to die as they're leveraged to death.

Or maybe I'm confusing them with every other company those Bain fukkfaces deal with.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
When they were first going under, I remember reading that the CEO was losing his shiit on a conference call screaming that Amazon wasn't fair

:mjlol:

Now they make their return in a store nobody goes into anymore.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Not a bad idea imo…

Gonna save TRU some money, gonna bring a lot of mothers in with their kids…

And women just found another reason to hit up the malls

I personally hate Macys but I fukk with TRU for kids gifts

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
We lost our TRU seems like over 15 yrs ago here in Decatur, IL. We'd go to Bloomington, Springfield, or Champaign with our kids. I aint gonna lie, my old ass was sad when they closed down. It was like a ritual to go in there during the holidays. I got video somewhere of my 3rd oldest son walking in TRU not long after he learned how to walk.

I'm glad TRU is coming back, but I just dont see them getting anything more than a small section in Macy's

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I used to work at Toys R US. We were on ly really busy from Black Friday until January 1st. The only other boost we'd get is a week before Easter.