Tower of Fantasy - PS5 PS4 PC Android iOS - Free MMORPG

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
This game was nominated as mobile game of the year and I've never heard of it. Downloading it now. Any of yall played it before? It's free.

www.toweroffantasy-global.com

Combat Trailer

Trailer:

This is good review by a Genshin Impact player. Basically he says it's not a pay to win type game but it is a Gacha but instead of pulling for characters, your pulling for weapons. And that they are constantly giving out free weapons and that you can farm currency pretty easily with some time. Says there's a PvP element but it needs work latency-wise.
Says the character customization is crazy deep.

Game has bullet time which let's you build up your DPS unlike Genshin. This game's combat seems pretty dope that's the main reason I'm gonna try it out today.

From ResetEra
Tower of Fantasy is an open world Action MMORPG with a Gacha has it's business model. The game takes place on a alien planet call Aida in which humanity has colonize. They discovered a comet above the planet which houses a source of energy call Omnium and build the Tower of Fantasy in order to mine it. However, one day a calamity occurred and the planet became filled with Omnium radiation which almost destroyed it. People who are expose to an excessive amount of the radiation lose their minds and are transformed into violent monsters. You play as a member of Hykros, an organization that's researching and developing new technologies with Omnium as well as eliminating any and all treats against Aida.​
While you create your own character at the beginning of the game, as you gain SR and SSR weapons (more on that in the gacha section below) you will also have the option to play as the following characters.​
Note that the characters with CN in the upper left are only in the Chinese version for now and will be added to global later on.​
It's one of those gachas that combines both weapons and characters into one. When you obtain either an SR or SSR weapon, you also get the character that's associated with that weapon. However, characters in Tower of Fantasy are purely cosmetic and do not affect how you play. The weapons do.​
There is a pity that guaranties you an SSR at 80 pulls and it carries from banner to banner. A really cool thing about it is that it doesn't reset to 0 if you obtain an SSR before reaching 80 pulls. So let's say that you obtain an SSR at pull 79, on the next pull you would be guarantied another SSR.​
There are 2 paid weapon banners, a free weapon banner and a Matrices banner.​
Standard banner: This banner uses gold nucleus for pulls which can be bought with the premium currency our obtain by playing and progressing through the game.​
Feature banner: This banner features a specific character for a limited time and uses red nucleus for pulls which can bough with the premium currency and is occasionally given for free via events. When you pull an SSR , it has a 50% chance to be the feature character.​
Matrices banner: This banner is for obtaining matrices which are these chips that you can equip to your weapons to give them passive buffs and higher stats. It uses proof of purchase for pulls which can bough with the premium currency or gain by playing. Note that SSR matrices can be obtained for free by doing certain high level activities.​
Free weapon banner: This banner uses black nucleus for pulls which cannot be bough with the premium currency and can only be obtained by playing. However, the rates for SR and SSR are much lower in this one.​
Whenever you do a pull in the paid banners, you gain a gold currency (1 pull = 1 gold). By gaining 120 gold in the standard banner, you can exchange them for a dupe of an SSR weapon that you already obtained in order to "advance" it (Unlock passives). In the feature banner, gaining 120 gold will allow you to exchange them for the feature character.​
The game consist of exploring a huge and beautiful open world, completing quests, fighting enemies, finding treasure chest and all kinds of materials to upgrade your stuff. You can use "Relics" such as a jetpack and a grappling hook to make traversal easier and you have access to various vehicles to get around faster. There is a main story to follow that will continuously be expended with new versions. Being an MMO, you'll see other players running around and there's a focus on doing co-op activities such as dungeons, raids and world bosses.​
You equip up to 3 weapons and can switch between them during combat. Each weapon have their own unique attack animations, charge attacks, skills and ultimates. Each weapon has an element and resonance attached to them.​
Elements are self explanatory. Most enemies are vulnerable to specific elements and debuffs are inflicted when they are repeatedly hit with the same element. Resonance determines the "role" of the weapon. DPS weapons provide high damage and crit, Defense weapons provide high HP and defence as well generating more aggro and Support weapons focus on healing and buffing. Equipping 2 weapons with the same resonance will provide a bonus buff of that specific resonance and will dictate your role in co-op activities.​

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Started Tower of Fantasy yesterday. Reminds me of Genshin lmpact which is great because due to its being SciFi this takes it further away from looking like a BotW clone, which is ironically, the same reason why I don't play Genshin. I'll only replace BotW with is sequel, Tears of The Kingdom.

The intro and opening area of Genshin Impact is more beautiful than Tower however the combat is better here in Tower of Fantasy. I can definitely tell that skill is needed to fight enemies stronger than you thanks to the introduction of the dodge timing that turns on slow-motion. I haven't gotten the hang of it yet but I wasn't really trying to at the time.

Sometime after I customized my character to look as close to a Black man as possible I actually stayed seeing other gamers pop up in the game world when I was exploring. I should've approached and said something but I didn't cause I was still in shock to see other gamers in what is traditionally a single player adventure type environment.

This to me, is dope as fukk cause not only can you fight each other in PvP battles, I saw options to form a team or clan. If you decide to pick up this game please add me after you get through the tutorial my username is DreTheSage

I started playing the game on my S22 android and created account using the Google sign in. After I decided that I liked it, I downloaded it on iPad and saw that it didn't give me the option to sign in through Google on iOS. So I went back to my S22, went into account settings and saw that it had several options for binding the account so that I could pay on other devices: Facebook, Twitter or Line were three of the non- platform specific choices so I chose Twitter.

I signed into the game on my iPad using Twitter and it allowed me to pick my android account in the list of servers. This game has gamepad support out the box.

If your download the game can you tell me how much memory it takes up?

On my iPhone 11 Pro it takes up 3.8GB

On my M1 iPad Pro it takes up 13.56GB

On my S22 it takes up 11.94GB.

I've played the game on all 3 devices. I guess the size is showing which mobile device is optimized the most for. šŸ¤”

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
TXRQ7Hr.gif
CcvapAH.gif
iy6Eckw.gif
ajorRtQ.gif

lBWkDze.gif
iy6Eckw.gif
ajorRtQ.gif
pF5OIUb.gif

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Here's a map: Tower of Fantasy Interactive Map - TOF.GG

And some tips I've grabbed from YouTube vids:

Phantasia is the freeze time mode iniated by pulling off a perfect dodge so practice dodging. Phantasia also overcharges your standby weapons for a discharge attack.

Infinite climbing: ouble jump from wall that your climbing and move forward to reset stamina.

Infinite jetpack: dash forward to redeploy jetpack.

Don't skip green chests. Mark supply pods and pw chest use Forced Decipher. Perfect Decipher is for the later game.

Good combo damage SSR: King, Tsubasa & Sameer. For Support: Coco, Zero & Tsubasa. SR Variant combo: Intel, Pepper & Baileen.

Don't open weapons Aug boxes until you need them.

Matrices can be moved to other weapons.

If gear isn't good for your build use it as enhancement fuel.

Gear Upgrades can be transferred to new gear.

Spend gifts everyday it's for upgrading characters and unlocking passive. Get gifts from Black Markets in Ban talk to Hopkins. Cetus Island claw machine operated by Slayer 3 per day.

Do your training it gives you currency to buy gifts.

Don't full clear ruins. Only clear mobs closest to locked doors. You only get rewarded for killing the last boss. Get there as quickly as possible.

Claim bounty rewards. It's not obvious 2 c it.

Only spend Dark Crystals on Red Nucleus. That's for limited barrier characters.

Dashing has invincibility frames but weapon switch overcharge animation does not, so people have learned to do the discharge attack in the air above bosses to reduce damage and maximize damage cause air attacks are stronger. Once they are on cool down on the ground they the dash in between discharge attacks.

Do a dash or aerial attack to prevent fall damage.

Last edited:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I tried it on Steam, it's not bad, plays great on controller, but I gotta stay away from gacha games.

They work on me all too well :francis:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I hate you breh, I'm in after pullin these dual ice katanas :francis:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Low budget Genshin Impact ripoff :hhh:

Iā€™m watching my girl play this what a waste of time

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Low budget Genshin Impact ripoff :hhh:

Iā€™m watching my girl play this what a waste of time
But Genshin ain't multiplayer.

Tower of Fantasy doesn't force you to change ya character to change weapons.

Ya main character is heavily customizable.