Tory Lanez spends 35k in a store that racially profiled him to prove a point

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
What was working for Aflac like?

I heard its a rough gig...and their training is trash.

*im not interested in internet name calling/arguing...I have these convos in real life with people and they are always different*

It was alright. It's just kind of hard for new employees to get their feet wet and make the money established agents get. I mean, I made money, but it wasn't for me honestly. It was cool to work on wall street, but where I'm working now is a lot better (I do rental management/real estate here in Brooklyn, renting out rooms and apartments).

It's basically calling a list of 200 clients everyday, and checking up on them if they need supplemental insurance. Some are sold some are not. Basically selling life & health insurance to individual businesses and small businesses. It just didn't feel like there was any real progress to be made cause you are just setting up appointments and really only get money if you set them up and close accounts. A bunch of people don't make money there and have been there for months. The highest sellers were always women.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
It was alright. It's just kind of hard for new employees to get their feet wet and make the money established agents get. I mean, I made money, but it wasn't for me honestly. It was cool to work on wall street, but where I'm working now is a lot better (I do rental management/real estate here in Brooklyn, renting out rooms and apartments).

It's basically calling a list of 200 clients everyday, and checking up on them if they need supplemental insurance. Some are sold some are not. Basically selling life & health insurance to individual businesses and small businesses. It just didn't feel like there was any real progress to be made cause you are just setting up appointments and really only get money if you set them up and close accounts. A bunch of people don't make money there and have been there for months. The highest sellers were always women.
thats a tough gig.
There is money to be made...but if they dont set you up for success...the odds of it happening arent that great.
From what I hear...its the hardest way to sell insurance (im in the industry).
The Aflac model is churn and burn...they hire whoever...and see what sticks.

If youre still interested in insurance...there still is a lot of potential for younger agents (people under 45 basically)...especially black agents and women.
The first couple years of selling commercial insurance to businesses is rough...but if you can make it past that, its smooth sailing.

Were you cold calling at Aflac?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
thats a tough gig.
There is money to be made...but if they dont set you up for success...the odds of it happening arent that great.
From what I hear...its the hardest way to sell insurance (im in the industry).
The Aflac model is churn and burn...they hire whoever...and see what sticks.

If youre still interested in insurance...there still is a lot of potential for younger agents (people under 45 basically)...especially black agents and women.
The first couple years of selling commercial insurance to businesses is rough...but if you can make it past that, its smooth sailing.

Were you cold calling at Aflac?
Cold calling a list of 300 individually selected businesses and affiliates.

Insurance is cool, but this rental boom is where it's at here in NYC, the money is too good.