Top Rated Movies That YOU Didn't Think Were All That Good

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Don't get me wrong. I liked The Empire Strikes Back. I just didn't get the hype or why that's considered the best of the old SW films. Of course, by the time I saw it, the twist that might have blown people's minds when it first was released was already such a huge part of pop culture that I didn't get anything out of it. Also the movie felt incomplete. I get that it's the middle film in the trilogy, but at the end, I thought "That's it?"

Maybe I need to rewatch Vertigo. I was definitely expecting some piff, as I liked Hitchcock's other films, and I knew many considered this to be his best. But the movie was just too damn slow. It seemed like half the movie was James Stewart driving around. The mystery wasn't that compelling to me...in fact, to be honest, I can't even remember it all that much. Seemed like that there were some doppelgangers and fake deaths and whatnot, but I may have to rewatch it. I just don't know if I'll be able to sit through it a second time.

Taxi Driver was also slow. A crazy guy talking to himself for most of the movie and then killing a whole bunch of people at the end.

To be fair, I didn't walk away from any of those movies thinking "This is trash." I just felt they weren't as good as they were hyped up to be.

I also don't have a problem with slower movies, as I like Terence Malick, and love There Will be Blood.

And you can add Scarface to the list too. Highly overrated. :francis:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:scust: A lot these of these Oscar Bait movies that no one gave fukk about expect critics. It's a big reason the Live-posting Oscar thread was boring AF.

Grammys >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oscars

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:scust: A lot these of these Oscar Bait movies that no one gave fukk about expect critics. It's a big reason the Live-posting Oscar thread was boring AF.

Grammys are worse breh. By several country miles. But that's me speaking as a hip hop head so maybe I'm biased but I'd much rather watch the oscars than that piece of shyt award they call the Grammys. Even the Simpsons have been crapping on them since the early 90s

But which movies breh? We talking stuff like the piano or stuff like 12 years a slave or birdman

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
guardians of the galaxy, i ended up arguing about with rodimusprime on twitter, I said it looked like some Babylon 5 shiet and he took that to mean I said it had Tubergraphic 16 like graphics, when I just didn't like the set design then I said that teenage mutant ninja turtles was better than it (apparently, he never like the first two movies) which sent him and his cronies off the deep end, we ended up unfollowing each other and he ended up blocking me because we run the same circles, it was only supposed to be temporary but I see no reason to kiss his ass in order to get unblocked

anyway, i don't have hear make uniformed wack jokes no more so im good

literally, the best part of Guardians of the Galaxy is the inside joke involving the end credits scene, im all for space operas but this just was no good

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Grammys are worse breh. By several country miles. But that's me speaking as a hip hop head so maybe I'm biased but I'd much rather watch the oscars than that piece of shyt award they call the Grammys. Even the Simpsons have been crapping on them since the early 90s

From a Coli Live-posting POV, The Grammys is definitely the better show to live-post to. Way too much love to movies NOBODY would give a fukk about if it wasn't for the Oscar nomination. At least the Grammys nominates music that folks actually listen to & bump. So there's a LEGIT rooting interest.

The only movies at the this year's Oscars that I would've watched if they had still got the same critical acclaim, but no Oscar love were "Birdman", "Whiplash", & maybe "Selma". None of them I would go outta my way to see them in theaters. That's what the Oscars comes down to, rooting for movies that I wouldn't go outta my way to see in theaters.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
From a Coli Live-posting POV, The Grammys is definitely the better show to live-post to. Way too much love to movies NOBODY would give a fukk about if it wasn't for the Oscar nomination. At least the Grammys nominates music that folks actually listen to & bump. So there's a LEGIT rooting interest.

The only movies at the this year's Oscars that I would've watched if they had still got the same critical acclaim, but no Oscar love were "Birdman", "Whiplash", & maybe "Selma". None of them I would go outta my way to see them in theaters. That's what the Oscars comes down to, rooting for movies that I wouldn't go outta my way to see in theaters.

Well I've never been in the Grammys one cause I hate the Grammys lol so I gotta take your word on that one.

But as a movie geek I love everything breh. I can't discriminate. Whereas with the Grammys I don't root for anyone because fukk them. The way they've always mistreated and misrepresented hip hop boils my blood breh so they can eat a dikk

But even if you're not watching the oscars for best picture you can always watch for the other awards. And you should see grand Budapest hotel breh regardless of its Oscar love. Great movie