Top Boy Series 3 Discussion Thread | (Netflix)

Travelnomad

Banned
Daps
A few of his bredrens got marked because of Jamie. The whole Modie and Sully's cousin thing as well. I also think that line Jaq hit him with about family fukked him up. He knows Dushane will always be loyal to him, but if Jamie can just let go of his right hand like that, its only a matter of time before he comes back at Sully and Dushane. He would have respected Jamie if he at least put up a fight. He respected Jaq for how she handled her situation. Hated it, but respected it. Jamie was already on thin ice with Sully from Spain.

Thanks for breaking it down bra ! I didn’t peep it from his POV but yea homeboy was moving very funny
he did pop his day 1 like it was nothing , and also Jamie was definitely trying to make moves in Spain , he knew Dushane wouldn’t make a move . Damn that boy Sully take no prisoners , I respect it

Travelnomad

Banned
Daps
Jamie old team tried to kill sully as that funeral remember….plus he knows deep down jamie would probably kill dushane after a while

I genuinely forgot about that whole war in season 1 , I remember it was hectic on both sides and buddy got acid pour on him and etc , but I forgot who ordered the hit on sully . Dushane have no other choice but to respect it , Shane dude hide the fact that Jaq sister lauryn pillow talked .
And you’re right sooner or later Jamie was gonna make a move .

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
latest

Here to take your little sister out for a date

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Thanks for breaking it down bra ! I didn’t peep it from his POV but yea homeboy was moving very funny
he did pop his day 1 like it was nothing , and also Jamie was definitely trying to make moves in Spain , he knew Dushane wouldn’t make a move . Damn that boy Sully take no prisoners , I respect it

what’s crazy is ats was a pos who was the reason Jamie went to jail anyways, Little nikka deserved what he got :yeshrug:, kit actually looked out for his two brothers while he was away. Now who is going to? Foodora ain’t going to pay the bills :picard:. Steph going to have to start moving food I guess

Sully a pos of though let’s not forget what he did to dris his own boy . Funny how dris was viewed as a liability because of his stroke but Deshane out there needing a pacemaker and ish [\spoiler]

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
what’s crazy is ats was a pos who was the reason Jamie went to jail anyways, Little nikka deserved what he got :yeshrug:, kit actually looked out for his two brothers while he was away. Now who is going to? Foodora ain’t going to pay the bills :picard:. Steph going to have to start moving food I guess

Sully a pos of though let’s not forget what he did to dris his own boy . Funny how dris was viewed as a liability because of his stroke but Deshane out there needing a pacemaker and ish [\spoiler]

Ats wasn't a POS though. He got used by Jaq and Dushane. He was desperate. His moms was facing deportation, which would put him in the foster system. He was watching his whole life spiral out of control, similiar to Ra'Nellin season 1. They did him dirty. Dushabe has the blood of a lot of kids on his hands. Dris did almost have Sully and Dushane killed twice. Dris knew his time was over the moment he opened that door. He knew he chose the wrong side and should have rolled with his day 1's. 8f anything this season foreshadowed a lot of people turning on eachother. Let's see how it plays next season. I don't think we've seen the last of the Moroccan beach kids. They might end Dushane on some City of God/Omar shyt...

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

No he didn’t deserve that, Advocating for the murder of 13/14 year olds will never be something that would sit right with me- fictional or not. Talking about him like he was supposed to move with the decision making skills of a 24-34 year old man. At the end of the day he was nothing but a scared little kid who was way in over his head - a byproduct of his environment again influenced by the older members and the decisions of adults. When they first stepped to him at the basketball court he was like 10 years old, a baby due to what his best friend’s brother was caught up in with his bullshyt - so no he didn’t need to get murked. Brain wasn’t even fully formed yet. 44 year old Adults flip on each other off the most petty shyt and you expect a 13-15 to not deal with pressure. Nahhhh

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
hate it. Sully is on my shyt list now. Jamie is one of my favorite characters
Why? The real Victims are his brothers, the youngest brother is about to be on a rampage after this though.

Jamie was looking to be the boss, not the second in command or a worker. He would never be content with that; dude was looking for the opening. Jamie and Sully would be 4eva looking over their shoulder as to when he was going to snake them. Not IF but when. If he was properly resourced up and moved tactical -he would have killed Sully, Dushane or both. Jamie was already looking to make grimy moves in Spain had Sully not come through. Jamie wasn’t above reproach- his people Kidnapped a 14 yr old; his little brother’s best friend. Sully’s biggest fault is loyalty that’s not reciprocated, which made him turn cold.

Beat Street

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Why? The real Victims are his brothers, the youngest brother is about to be on a rampage after this though.

Jamie was looking to be the boss, not the second in command or a worker. He would never be content with that; dude was looking for the opening. Jamie and Sully would be 4eva looking over their shoulder as to when he was going to snake them. Not IF but when. If he was properly resourced up and moved tactical -he would have killed Sully, Dushane or both. Jamie was already looking to make grimy moves in Spain had Sully not come through. Jamie wasn’t above reproach- his people Kidnapped a 14 yr old; his little brother’s best friend. Sully’s biggest fault is loyalty that’s not reciprocated, which made him turn cold.

the way he interacted with his crew and brothers made me appreciate him.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the way he interacted with his crew and brothers made me appreciate him.
Definitely. But I could say the same thing about Dushane and Shelly, (her daughter) his mother - Sully, his daughter, his niece and Jaq; at the end of the day they all have people they love. If that was Jamie’s brother instead of his brothers friend that was kidnapped- Jamie would have been out for blood the same way. an opp is an opp to another opp.

I did think it was grimy though they had Jamie kill his friend on some friend or foe type ish- you kill him or We will kill you . And still ended up killing him anyway in front of his brothers; also knowing his brothers depended on him. Unfortunate for him, revenge has no sympathy. Sully could have stopped the cycle. But Sully couldn’t trust breaking bread with Jamie anyway, knowing he had no real reason to be loyal to them other than money. Dushane Was up for giving him a pass based on passing the torch as a way out, but his alliance was with Sully

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
No he didn’t deserve that, Advocating for the murder of 13/14 year olds will never be something that would sit right with me- fictional or not. Talking about him like he was supposed to move with the decision making skills of a 24-34 year old man. At the end of the day he was nothing but a scared little kid who was way in over his head - a byproduct of his environment again influenced by the older members and the decisions of adults. When they first stepped to him at the basketball court he was like 10 years old, a baby due to what his best friend’s brother was caught up in with his bullshyt - so no he didn’t need to get murked. Brain wasn’t even fully formed yet. 44 year old Adults flip on each other off the most petty shyt and you expect a 13-15 to not deal with pressure. Nahhhh
Word. Little man was just worried about getting evicted and hoping his mom don't get deported. He literally was doing everything he could to get money even before thinking about being a runner

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Rewatching the season, and the episode Dushane goes and attempts to sweet talk his mom was interesting. When he tried to rationalize his dope dealing by mentioning politicians she says they have no morals. Contrast that with Jamie having a convo with Steph the same episode about the importance of good morals. Just interesting to see the contrast between the characters.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rewatching the season, and the episode Dushane goes and attempts to sweet talk his mom was interesting. When he tried to rationalize his dope dealing by mentioning politicians she says they have no morals. Contrast that with Jamie having a convo with Steph the same episode about the importance of good morals. Just interesting to see the contrast between the characters.
Crazy how events came around full circle for both of them though- crisis of conscience from consequences and guilt leading to moral conflicts.

Dushane constantly having those anxiety/panic attacks when he said he had “trouble breathing” and Jamie with his brothers distancing themselves.