Top Boy Series 3 Discussion Thread | (Netflix)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Might have to do a rewatch.

Been 3 years and I'm sure I won't remember a lot of shyt.

wow—no way!

*edit*

shyt…it really has been damn near 3 fukking years :ohhh:

…and yeah I definitely need to rewatch season 3

Prolific

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope there's some surprise characters from series 1 and 2 that pop back up. Would be dope to have Rafe or Ra'Nell back in the mix. Dushane has a younger brother that should be in his teens now, he could play a part as well.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I hope there's some surprise characters from series 1 and 2 that pop back up. Would be dope to have Rafe or Ra'Nell back in the mix. Dushane has a younger brother that should be in his teens now, he could play a part as well.

maybe leticia wright will pop up. I think she got fired from black panther 2 for being an anti-vaxer.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Rafe would definitely be a dope character to come back, especially after all that shyt that happened between Sully and his brother last season. It would be good to see Ra'Nell too but his character probably went off to do his thing in football.

It would be good for the show to explore Dushane's estranged relationship with his dad. dushane has mentioned him a few times on the show. There was obvious tension between them in season one and that actor who plays him is pretty good.

maybe leticia wright will pop up. I think she got fired from black panther 2 for being an anti-vaxer.

I read they worked something out whatever that was and she traveled back to the states to continue filming. I couldn't see her character coming back anyway.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
'Top Boy' season four confirms release date and new cast additions

Top Boy season four’s release date has finally been confirmed, alongside a host of new names joining the cast.

The Netflix series – which is itself a revival of the Channel 4 show – last streamed nearly three years ago in 2019, and its follow up has been announced for March 18, launching with eight episodes.

The news was revealed by stars including Ashley Walters and Kano, who shared a video clip of the poster with a date being put up on the ODEON BFI IMAX in central London.

Walters had teased an announcement yesterday (January 30) with an image of part of the poster being put up, accompanied by the word “tomorrow”.

Alongside that, Netflix has confirmed that Josephine De La Baume (A Very Secret Service), Howard Charles (Shadow and Bone), Erin Kellyman (The Green Knight) and rap and grime artist NoLay (Natalie Athanasiou) will be joining the cast, while fashion model Adwoa Aboah will make her acting debut on the show.

The new season was expected to arrive in 2020, though was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Walters and Kano are set to return, as are regulars Micheal Ward, Little Simz, Jasmine Jobson, Lisa Dwan, Kadeem Ramsay, Saffron Hocking, Jolade Obasola, Hope Ikpoku and Araloylin Oshunremi.

The new season will see Dushane (Walters) on top of the world after winning against Jamie (Ward), while his Summerhouse crew is unrivalled. Things are also going well with Shelley (Ajikawo) as he dreams of a future away from the road – though a new problem threatens everything.

Sully (Robinson) is trying to find peace after killing friend Dris, and is forced back into the only world he knows when family comes calling. Meanwhile, Stef (Oshunremi) is trying to come to terms with Ats’s betrayal, while Dushane’s offer to Jamie causes tension within the gang.

Last year, Walters spoke to NME about what fans can expect from the new season, saying: “The scripts are really good, really tight. We’re coming at it from a new perspective this time, because I’m executive producing on this one, so creatively and script-wise I’m much more involved.

“It’s been difficult, but rest assured to everyone listening or watching, we’ve got another banger for ya. It’s definitely going to be good.”

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

So Dris really is dead. :mjcry:I know everybody was hoping he didn't get killed since only the gunshot was heard. It's a shame how he went out but I don't blame him for what he did.

"Family comes calling". I think we know what that means and it ain't grandma. :ufdup:Sounds like Rafe gonna come back on some :demonic:I know everybody started to like Sully, but I still didn't forget his total scumbaggery from way back in season one, especially what he did to Leon. He's gotta pay his dues.

DonDadda

All Star
Daps
time to ride out on the op block mates:myman:

drake better not shoehorn himself into a role :ufdup: