Top 5 Directors

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
yea I totally agree with this...Same as Coppola after 1985....dude did the half-ass Godfather III, but other than that, he has been ghost....

Oh yea, he did the movie JACK :gag:

With Robin Williams :russ::what::huhldup::snoop:

Remember seeing this when I was 12...good for it was but :deadmanny:

mario

Daps
Reppin
MIAMI
JFK is a top 10 movie of all time imo...Nixon was just as great...damn, he also did Born of the 4th of July, Platoon, El Savador...so many classics

Yo his newer movies aren't as bad as we thought, W. and World Trade Center were cool

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
savages was good minus the ending

ehhh I wanted to like Savages but it didn't feel like a Stone movie...like anyone could'v ehave been replaced to do that movie on some director for hire shyt...but JFK, Nixon, El Savador, those are Stone movies

Captain

Save a thought
Daps
Reppin
Ethiopia
Lynch is great but he taking a looooooong ass break; Muholland Dr and Blue Velvet are classics and I like the twin peaks: Fire walker movie too

I've seen damn near all of his movies just off the strength of MD, took me 2-3 viewings to figure out

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
glad nobody had wes anderson on their list, hipster cacs LOVE that man :smh:

he's decent for what he does, but the overall whiteness of all of his movies is always at the back of my mind

Captain

Save a thought
Daps
Reppin
Ethiopia
Mind fukk movie

Breh I still haven't figured out MD and I've seen it more than twice

:shaq:

The first half of the movie is all in Betty's[Blonde] head and its a dream which is why it's looks so surreal and cryptic i/e the blue box, the monster behind the diner etc.... 2nd half is reality and explains what she was dreaming about.
She is jealous Diane[Brunette actress] got the leading role in the film, she thinks it is a conspiracy by the director and the production company, hence they are not shown in good light in the first half(her fantasy) She hired a hitman to kill Diane[reality], hitman tells her he will place a blue key in her house once the deed has been done. She cannot live with herself after what she just did[she finds the blue key on her coffee table signifying Diane is dead] thus Betty kills herself

Keys:

The movie starts with Betty's head falling on to a pillow, hinting she's about to start dreaming.

Half way thru the movie the cowboy knock on her door saying "its time to wake up" [start of the real story]

The Director of the movie being made is shown in the 1st half [her dream] as an idiot who doesnt know what he is doing.

In the 1st half, the people at the production company are shown as evil and that they have an agenda to cast Diane and no one else as the lead actress; again Betty is trying to justify in her dream why she didn't get picked