Quentin Tarantino.
Martin "The Gawd" Scorsese.
Brian De Palma.

mario

Daps
Reppin
MIAMI
Y'all know your shyt , that's why I fukk with you all

Didn't throw Kubrick in my list cause he past too soon , 2001 Odyssey is serious though

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Anyway

Nolan
Tarantino
Coen Bros
Scorsese

And fukk it, Scott Bros...even tho they have some duds...and yes I'm adding them collectively despite never working together.

What's odd is I don't love every movie these guys have done, I know the quality I am getting before I purchase my ticket.

I had Hitchcock in there, but I took him out...might be biased because I have only contemporary directors in there, but I had to make a choice. Loved his show and Vertigo might be one of my favorite movies and Psycho set the standard for suspense thrillers to this day.

I would put Cameron and Spielberg up there, but some of their movies have this fantasy overreaching mass appeal polish that I kind of puts me off from some of their work. I like my movies to have some edge, piss off, and or offend people at times.

Haven't seen all of Kubrick's work, so I would just be following the crowd if I mentioned him.

I would include Spike because when he's on he's on, but when he's off...he's really fukking off. The 5 I listed I think ultimately don't really have anything bad.

Low key, I like Antoine Fuqua, Darren Aronofsky and Michael Mann a lot too...They just dont quite have the body of work yet.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Anyway

Nolan
Tarantino
Coen Bros
Scorsese

And fukk it, Scott Bros...even tho they have some duds...and yes I'm adding them collectively despite never working together.

What's odd is I don't love every movie these guys have done, I know the quality I am getting before I purchase my ticket.

I had Hitchcock in there, but I took him out...might be biased because I have only contemporary directors in there, but I had to make a choice. Loved his show and Vertigo might be one of my favorite movies and Psycho set the standard for suspense thrillers to this day.

I would put Cameron and Spielberg up there, but some of their movies have this fantasy overreaching mass appeal polish that I kind of puts me off from some of their work. I like my movies to have some edge, piss off, and or offend people at times.

Haven't seen all of Kubrick's work, so I would just be following the crowd if I mentioned him.

I would include Spike because when he's on he's on, but when he's off...he's really fukking off. The 5 I listed I think ultimately don't really have anything bad.

Low key, I like Antoine Fuqua, Darren Aronofsky and Michael Mann a lot too...They just dont quite have the body of work yet.

I wanted to put Michael mann on there based off of Heat alone...that movie is just a masterpiece and the greatest movie to not be nominated for any academy awards ever

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I wanted to put Michael mann on there based off of Heat alone...that movie is just a masterpiece and the greatest movie to not be nominated for any academy awards ever

He disappears for too long for me to have him top 5. Damn near 40 years in the game but only 6-7 truly noteworthy pieces.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
He disappears for too long for me to have him top 5. Damn near 40 years in the game but only 6-7 truly noteworthy pieces.

yea I totally agree with this...Same as Coppola after 1985....dude did the half-ass Godfather III, but other than that, he has been ghost....

Oh yea, he did the movie JACK :gag: