TONY KHAN STINKS! ("WBD OWNS A PERCENTAGE OF AEW." - MELTZER *CONFIRMED*; NXT OBLITERATES DYNAMITE; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 595 DAYS/85 WEEKS)

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
We shytting on creative here what this has to with anything :beli:
I'm trying to understand how we got here because yes Dub had a WOAT night which was expected, as it popped up on a Tuesday night filled with real sports and NXXXT. Also that lineup :huhldup: . I mean if I was a regular Joe Mahoney that's flipping through the channels and stumbled upon Dynamite, I would go back to Hallmark :francis: . Like if I'm a booker doing a show on a different night, I'm going to have a lineup that would at least make up for the lack of Wednesday ratio. Like 500k tops.

But I'm not Tony and :hubie:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
We shytting on creative here what this has to with anything :beli:

i'm lost at what the profitability is supposed to accomplish here? Is the thought that they are more profitable than WWE? They're not even publicly traded so you can't make money off AEW as a company. I suppose tangentially you can invest in WBD but the announcement of the AEW TV deal didn't even give that stock a bump from what I recall so :manny: not sure what there's to throw a party about here

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If the estimates are coming from a publication like 'Variety' you can say they are likely.... But even so, I've noticed a pattern that we can discuss.

1. If Meltzer says something that fits whatever narrative some of you want to believe his word is gospel.

2. If Meltzer says something you don't want to believe "it's Meltzer...he don't know shyt"

3. Variety reports the AEW deal, it's not even mentioned. They are a legit publication. The deal is only mentioned when some type of "equity" (as if that's a bad thing) is brought up by Meltzer and a business sports journal lol... but people claim the money numbers are fugazi...

Then Variety revises the numbers and it's never mentioned again :russ:

Got u....lol

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
not sure what there's to throw a party about here

Nobody is throwing a party. People said AEW would be dead in 5 years. Most startup companies are (yes, even when they have strong financial backing). That's just a fact. Someone bumped the thread the other day. People also said they wouldn't get a new deal because it was taking forever. People also said they wouldn't be profitable.

All those narratives died and I'm laughing about it :manny: If that has some people bothered then ok... and?

Has nothing to do with creative. The actual show: 'Dynamite' on Tuesday was mostly blahhhh. NXT was the way better show to me. But that is subjective.

Some people in here don't understand the difference between subjective and objective.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I'm trying to understand how we got here because yes Dub had a WOAT night which was expected, as it popped up on a Tuesday night filled with real sports and NXXXT. Also that lineup :huhldup: . I mean if I was a regular Joe Mahoney that's flipping through the channels and stumbled upon Dynamite, I would go back to Hallmark :francis: . Like if I'm a booker doing a show on a different night, I'm going to have a lineup that would at least make up for the lack of Wednesday ratio. Like 500k tops.

But I'm not Tony and :hubie:

i'm lost at what the profitability is supposed to accomplish here? Is the thought that they are more profitable than WWE? They're not even publicly traded so you can't make money off AEW as a company. I suppose tangentially you can invest in WBD but the announcement of the AEW TV deal didn't even give that stock a bump from what I recall so :manny: not sure what there's to throw a party about here
I here yall

But everything falls back to creative

Stories
Long term Booking
Not insulting your fan base intelligence (most don’t seem to mind it)

Numbers go back up when creative improves

Tony can’t get all the money he wants
WBD can pay them whatever they want

That doesn’t matter if creative is trash

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Nobody is throwing a party. People said AEW would be dead in 5 years. Most startup companies are (yes, even when they have strong financial backing). That's just a fact. Someone bumped the thread the other day. People also said they wouldn't get a new deal because it was taking forever. People also said they wouldn't be profitable.

All those narratives died and I'm laughing about it :manny: If that has some people bothered then ok... and?

Has nothing to do with creative. The actual show: 'Dynamite' on Tuesday was mostly blahhhh. NXT was the way better show to me. But that is subjective.

Some people in here don't understand the difference between subjective and objective.

how about you just quote those people or tag them if what they said bothered you?

What I predicted months ago was almost exactly the terms of the deal so :yeshrug:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I here yall

But everything falls back to creative

Stories
Long term Booking
Not insulting your fan base intelligence (most don’t seem to mind it)

Numbers go back up when creative improves

Tony can’t get all the money he wants
WBD can pay them whatever they want

That doesn’t matter if creative is trash

:francis: Same was said with these men:

images

8bfb410d5b485c699e673e608276eb85f89c81aar1-839-916v2_hq.jpg

Sadly the writing was on the wall. In Dub's case, the ceiling is so high financially from other ventures, that Khan could run the shyt until Armageddon and Jesus would be trying to figure out why there's so much leg space in the aisles :francis: . We know the creative is garbage, but apparently its strictly for the sickos. No harm, no foul about such a thing.

WB holding them down because the state of WB and them losing that NBA deal, they need something to balance out the lack of content outside of a failing platform of bombed ideas and trash ass reality shows.

So all in all, I'm just embracing Chinatown :manny: . I know I'm not the audience that Tony desires as my ambitions are mainly fukkery with a logic, but I respect the hustle and folks getting their due. Yet, not shedding tears at a "unused" wrestler following the greener grass path unless its Starks which we riding for :wow:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
how about you just quote those people or tag them if what they said bothered you?

I'm posting in here and the other threads that touch on these topics. Why does that bother you? This is a thread about AEW is it not?

Or are you mad because I disrupted the common sentiments in here :yeshrug: .... I post some facts about AEW and people can't wait to try to come after me :mjlol:

If that doesn't say it all then what would... Am I surprised? Hell no... lmaoo

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I'm posting in here and the other threads that touch on these topics. Why does that bother you? This is a thread about AEW is it not?

Or are you mad because I disrupted the common sentiments in here :yeshrug: .... I post some facts about AEW and people can't wait to try to come after me :mjlol:

If that doesn't say it all then what would... Am I surprised? Hell no... lmaoo

what's stopping you from quoting the posts you're talking about or tagging the posters that made them?

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
:francis: Same was said with these men:

images

8bfb410d5b485c699e673e608276eb85f89c81aar1-839-916v2_hq.jpg

Sadly the writing was on the wall. In Dub's case, the ceiling is so high financially from other ventures, that Khan could run the shyt until Armageddon and Jesus would be trying to figure out why there's so much leg space in the aisles :francis: . We know the creative is garbage, but apparently its strictly for the sickos. No harm, no foul about such a thing.

WB holding them down because the state of WB and them losing that NBA deal, they need something to balance out the lack of content outside of a failing platform of bombed ideas and trash ass reality shows.

So all in all, I'm just embracing Chinatown :manny: . I know I'm not the audience that Tony desires as my ambitions are mainly fukkery with a logic, but I respect the hustle and folks getting their due. Yet, not shedding tears at a "unused" wrestler following the greener grass path unless its Starks which we riding for :wow:
Like honestly I don’t care how much money Tony is getting because it’s pocket change compared to what he actually has:yeshrug:

He’s gone to 2019 Vince levels in 5 years when it comes to booking that’s what is concerning

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
if someone said AEW would be dead in 5 years and actually meant it instead of just joking around, then yeah that new TV deal is a dunk on them, but otherwise its like...what changes from it? I suppose they got more money on hand to make offers to people like Kevin Owens or AJ but ultimately I don't think the new TV deal will take them beyond distant 2nd place status so...congrats?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Like honestly I don’t care how much money Tony is getting because it’s pocket change compared to what he actually has:yeshrug:

He’s gone to 2019 Vince levels in 5 years when it comes to booking that’s what is concerning

:francis: When a promoter strikes gold, they are stuck in the era that made them GOATed. Hence why him and Bischoff got that 50 Cent and Diddy beef everlasting beef. They both had a lighting in a bottle and a year of balling (97/98 21/22). Thus why they are stuck in a rut. The only way creative will be creative is if Khan either moves from the book, or he realizes that booking a one-trick pony will scare the hoes literally.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
what's stopping you from quoting the posts you're talking about or tagging the posters that made them?

I don't bookmark posts, this thread has nearly 7500 posts. I'm free to generalize given what I've read. Others are free to engage about numbers and data but instead opt for name calling.... just like a MAGA would hence.... the comparisons :manny:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
if someone said AEW would be dead in 5 years and actually meant it instead of just joking around, then yeah that new TV deal is a dunk on them, but otherwise its like...what changes from it? I suppose they got more money on hand to make offers to people like Kevin Owens or AJ but ultimately I don't think the new TV deal will take them beyond distant 2nd place status so...congrats?

Yeah I'm not getting the energy at all. Like okay...Dub is around "whoo hoo?", Better opportunities for the next best thing or more options for wrestling fans to indulge the fukkery.

Yet its not enough :mindblown: . The Max deal popping off and folks still rah rahing, while this thread is basically shytting on Khan and his idiotic booking. No different from Dixie getting shytted on for fumbling every single chance TNA had before they became the feeder brand for NXXXT.

All in all, folks in here kinda moved on from the notion that AEW would fail...hopefully. If anything, I'm just happy and hoping they add the back catalog on Max so I can run Forbidden Door 1 byke :wow: