TONY KHAN STINKS! (TK ⛷️❄️ BINGES ON OFFER FROM WBD; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 575 DAYS/82 WEEKS)

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Do you think there's a way that Tony could salvage the ROH brand?

Not really. NXT worked/works because there’s a novelty of wondering how someone from the indies is gonna be booked in the WWE system. What their new name, new gimmick, new presentation is gonna be. Even if AEW tried to copy the black and gold formula of signing free agents from the indies and internationally and putting them in ROH first, there’s no novelty factor because AEW never really changes wrestlers they sign in any way. Sami Zayn ditching the stupid fake luchador gimmick was the best thing that ever happened to him. If AEW was around back then he’d still be El Generico

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Do you think there's a way that Tony could salvage the ROH brand?

Not really. NXT worked/works because there’s a novelty of wondering how someone from the indies is gonna be booked in the WWE system. What their new name, new gimmick, new presentation is gonna be. Even if AEW tried to copy the black and gold formula of signing free agents from the indies and internationally and putting them in ROH first, there’s no novelty factor because AEW never really changes wrestlers they sign in any way. Sami Zayn ditching the stupid fake luchador gimmick was the best thing that ever happened to him. If AEW was around back then he’d still be El Generico
ROH was never about grabbing stars from elsewhere though. They were always about creating the next generation of stars.

I think it could work if they actually did a real hard split and get ROH back to what it was/worked best for them. They have enough young guys between both companies to be able to do it right.

Hook
Sammy
Dante Martin
Daniel Garcia
Nick Wayne…
Starks
Hobbs
A team like The Acclaimed could use it the same way they got over on Dark.
The Gunns
Jungle Boy
Takeashyt
Yuta…

Then you have the ROH vets like Jay Lethal, Eddie Kingston, Dalton Castle, Taven :trash:, RUSH, Bennett, Briscoe, etc. they could have to help make the new guys.

Etc.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
ROH was never about grabbing stars from elsewhere though. They were always about creating the next generation of stars.

I think it could work if they actually did a real hard split and get ROH back to what it was/worked best for them. They have enough young guys between both companies to be able to do it right.

Hook
Sammy
Dante Martin
Daniel Garcia
Nick Wayne…
Starks
Hobbs
The Gunns
Jungle Boy
Takeashyt
Yuta…

Then you have the ROH vets like Jay Lethal, Eddie Kingston, Dalton Castle, Taven :trash:, RUSH, Bennett, Briscoe, etc. they could have to help make the new guys.

Etc.

This sounds too much like right so it won’t happen.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Dana White talks about his relationship with Vince McMahon

“My history with Vince isn’t a good one,” said White. “He tried to f--- me so many times for no reason whatsoever except just to f--- me. But that’s in the past. Now that Vince and I are allies, no one’s been a better partner than Vince.”

“Since day one of the deal, it’s like I’m dealing with a different guy,” said White. “It goes to show that when you oppose him, or he thinks you are opposing him, the guy comes after you blindly. Once you are aligned, Vince is an incredible partner. We’ve probably spoken on the phone 20 times since the deal. It’s all added-value conversation–with Vince doing work and raising the bar for both companies.”

“Triple H and Stephanie have always been great to work with,” said White. “I’ve always had a great relationship with them, always, even when we weren’t aligned back in the day. But the most amazing story is the relationship with Vince McMahon.”

“Vince McMahon, man, he’s an absolute savage,” said White. “Even with the stuff that went down with us in the past, I respect it. I love killers. He’s definitely a killer. He’s the Michael Jordan of the business world.”

The difference between a Vince McMahon and a Tony Khan :mjlol:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps

Hook
Sammy
Dante Martin
Daniel Garcia
Nick Wayne…
Starks
Hobbs
The Gunns
Jungle Boy
Takeashyt
Yuta…

Etc.

There's only so much appetite for "secondary" wrestling and AEW is already oversaturated right now with 3 different shows themselves. Trying to beef up ROH just isn't worth it unless WBD is gonna pay them a nice chunk of change to make a TV show.

The AEW fans here won't like hearing this but quite simply NXT (which only draws about half of Raw now while it's "hot") works because people are interested in seeing the new wave go from the farm system to the big leagues. AEW in the eyes of most American wrestling fans is already a secondary promotion, so what interest is there truly in seeing a minor league of a secondary league? To be honest I think people like Nick Wayne or Hook or other young guys not ready for primetime should just be sent over to New Japan since they already have a working relationship and let them get experience for a few years. The people that wanna track it down and watch will find it, but the majority of the AEW audience won't see their growing pains.

Silkk

Daps
There's only so much appetite for "secondary" wrestling and AEW is already oversaturated right now with 3 different shows themselves. Trying to beef up ROH just isn't worth it unless WBD is gonna pay them a nice chunk of change to make a TV show.

The AEW fans here won't like hearing this but quite simply NXT (which only draws about half of Raw now while it's "hot") works because people are interested in seeing the new wave go from the farm system to the big leagues. AEW in the eyes of most American wrestling fans is already a secondary promotion, so what interest is there truly in seeing a minor league of a secondary league? To be honest I think people like Nick Wayne or Hook or other young guys not ready for primetime should just be sent over to New Japan since they already have a working relationship and let them get experience for a few years. The people that wanna track it down and watch will find it, but the majority of the AEW audience won't see their growing pains.
I agree with some of your points but this is why I said it would need to be kept completely separate from AEW and probably be youtube only. ROH has been the undisputed #1 Independent wrestling promotion since it's inception for a reason (Up until covid). Even when TNA was at it's highest heights as the #2 promotion in America, ROH still provided things that people wanted to see and were able to create more future stars than WWE and TNA during those times tbh. Most of the roster of both companies got their start there. ROH had even passed TNA at one point as #2 in North America. It's a reason why Cody wanted it so bad. TK just needs to completely give up the reigns aside from funding.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

They don't even have to send them to New Japan.
OVW is right up the road, Al Snow can teach them to work a safe, American style that will get them ready to work in the States.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay

But that has to be met with good presentation when people do come in as fully-realized entites.
Thing is, that requires doing the work and not getting to just hotshot to the fun thing Khan thought up over his Cookie Crisp in the morning and wants to see happen. That means hype packages. That means squash matches. That means giving someone promo time with the specific inclination of getting them over to the exclusion of anyone else; even if it means 'burying' someone who is really fun to hang out with backstage! And Khan won't do it.

Proof is in the pudding. NJPW folk getting trotted out with the expectation that we know who the fukk they are, what they are about and why people should care... like bruh. I know who the fukk Kazuchika Okada in. But the rest of the room I'm in don't, and if I'm expected to educate them instead of having the show do that... that makes me the show, not the thing on TV. I'm needing to explain why it matters when a physiqueless blonde Japanese man who pulls up to matches making it rain like he'd 20-aughts Drake desperate to get Maliah's attention... when the show should be doing that.

So if they can't even do it for the man who wasn't just in those fittyleven star matches with Omega - but WON MOST OF THEM, they ain't gonna be able to make anyone give half a rat's ass about any indy talent they manage to grab. And everything that's gotten over in AEW from the people below the top of the card has been something they've done for themselves, not something the show has given them or made them into. I just don't know if Khan is deserving of a new talent's trust.

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore

Hook
Sammy
Dante Martin
Daniel Garcia
Nick Wayne…
Starks
Hobbs
The Gunns
Jungle Boy
Takeashyt
Yuta…

Etc.
Is ROH as a “company” under its own LLC, or is it technically a property under AEW/AEW’s parent company? :patrice:

I say this because it has to be where TK’s like, “Look, In understand y’all only really interested in AEW, so I gotta find me a network and start getting my ROI off of ROH!” Like as long as it doesn’t really affect WBD directly, ROH needs to be on another channel or streaming service.

I still feel it could be a separate entity that does not ultimately come off as being pointless. Its own tv deal (with Honor Club still being a thing), its own roster with storylines, it’s own bookers, maybe get some sponsorship somewhere in there…its overall value should be built back up gradually but I feel it’s not impossible

Silkk

Daps
Is ROH as a “company” under its own LLC, or is it technically a property under AEW/AEW’s parent company? :patrice:

I say this because it has to be where TK’s like, “Look, In understand y’all only really interested in AEW, so I gotta find me a network and start getting my ROI off of ROH!” Like as long as it doesn’t really affect WBD directly, ROH needs to be on another channel or streaming service.

I still feel it could be a separate entity that does not ultimately come off as being pointless. Its own tv deal (with Honor Club still being a thing), its own roster with storylines, it’s own bookers, maybe get some sponsorship somewhere in there…its overall value should be built back up gradually but I feel it’s not impossible
Not sure

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
they have Christian playing an older gay man in a turtle neck cruising for and harassing young men and people think its good. bizarre and sinister stuff

WWE missing out on Jay White might be a blessing in disguise

How'd I miss this post :deadrose: No wonder the gay cacs on TSC rock with AEW like that - they've got storylines that reflect their own lives :ohhh: