TONY KHAN STINKS! (TK ⛷️❄️ BINGES ON OFFER FROM WBD; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 575 DAYS/82 WEEKS)

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
fakkit ass servers :unimpressed:

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: jeh

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I’ll say this, as far as AEW not being profitable

The fact they’re willing to take the bag from Ric Flairs energy drink and pretty much allow him on tv after previously being against his existence says a lot

:hubie:

I don't think that was about money tbh.

I think Tony Khan wanted Ric Flair on his show this whole time and that Dark Side of the Ring episode totally blew up in their face. I mean he booked that Owen Hart tournament to try and capitalize off the PR of the Dark Side episode so it wouldn't be the first time he booked with that show in mind.

By letting Ric Flair "sponsor" Dynamite, he gets to throw his hands up and say "Hey I didn't hire the guy, he's paying ME to let him be on TV" and try and duck the blowback of putting him on the roster

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Things make no sense for aew to get an increase. They average 800k,250k, and 450k for three shows. WB is 50 billion in debt and slashing things left and right. Willing to shelve 100 million productions to save a paltry 15Ms on taxes. Willing to lose an entire night of nba to save money.

I just don't get how any executive at wb pulls the trigger on 100m a year. It also seems like wwe is low key struggling to shop raw around.

Second week show that boy numbers ain’t high
I hate to break it to you, numbers always lie

-Some old rapper that does a podcast with flip flops with the big toe off the diving board

This is why I laugh at the idea of numbers in wrestling because it's never accurate or there's more to the ordeal. Hell, just this year alone I thought NOAH actually was number two as far as Japanese wrestling promotions are concerned, turned to find out the biggest gates were from NJPW, STARDOM, and oddly AJPW. Almost as if this wrestling shyt should be treated as a watchable media source, rather than reading the numbers.

All I know is that next year, there's going to be some abrupt changes in the industry and some questionable decisions in the making. Don't get fooled by the sheets and talking heads because one of these promotions folks are dying on the TSC about is not doing as good as the other.

Ala, wrestling is still a niche product and somehow, someway..............

TNA still is standing :wow:

Mook

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

-Some old rapper that does a podcast with flip flops with the big toe off the diving board

This is why I laugh at the idea of numbers in wrestling because it's never accurate or there's more to the ordeal. Hell, just this year alone I thought NOAH actually was number two as far as Japanese wrestling promotions are concerned, turned to find out the biggest gates were from NJPW, STARDOM, and oddly AJPW. Almost as if this wrestling shyt should be treated as a watchable media source, rather than reading the numbers.

All I know is that next year, there's going to be some abrupt changes in the industry and some questionable decisions in the making. Don't get fooled by the sheets and talking heads because one of these promotions folks are dying on the TSC about is not doing as good as the other.

Brandon Thurston does have the real numbers though.

Mook

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

Touche'

But when it comes down to Meltz and all of those egghead ass sheet writers :camby: . At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is if it goes through the main sources on a business level. Not some dirtbag X account having neckbeard.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I don't think that was about money tbh.

I think Tony Khan wanted Ric Flair on his show this whole time and that Dark Side of the Ring episode totally blew up in their face. I mean he booked that Owen Hart tournament to try and capitalize off the PR of the Dark Side episode so it wouldn't be the first time he booked with that show in mind.

By letting Ric Flair "sponsor" Dynamite, he gets to throw his hands up and say "Hey I didn't hire the guy, he's paying ME to let him be on TV" and try and duck the blowback of putting him on the roster

You could be right

To me it sounds like a case of “well we aren’t profiting against our spending and this old rapey legend is offering to pay us to put him on tv so fukk it we ball!”

:heh: