Tom Cruise back at it again! Official Edge of Tomorrow Thread

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Which films have he made that were duds?

Do you mean duds as in financial duds or bad movies? I'm only talking bad movies, whether or not they made money (though many didn't):

Rock of Ages, Knight and Day, Lions for Lambs, Days of Thunder, and a few more but the rest are from the 80s.

I personally thought Oblivion was bad, too, but I know not everyone agrees.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Do you mean duds as in financial duds or bad movies? I'm only talking bad movies, whether or not they made money (though many didn't):

Rock of Ages, Knight and Day, Lions for Lambs, Days of Thunder, and a few more but the rest are from the 80s.

I personally thought Oblivion was bad, too, but I know not everyone agrees.

Those are not "duds" in the sense you are speaking...you personally did not like them while others did.

"Duds" are some of the movies that "The Rock" or "Adam Sandler" have made where the overwhelming consensus was they were just really bad movies

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Those are not "duds" in the sense you are speaking...you personally did not like them while others did.

"Duds" are some of the movies that "The Rock" or "Adam Sandler" have made where the overwhelming consensus was they were just really bad movies

Most people dislike all those movies, though, and not just critics, either.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Most people dislike all those movies, though, and not just critics, either.

They just are not as popular as some of his others.."Knight and Day" was a action-comedy....that had had good action sequences and was not supposed to be serious.

Compared to "Mission Impossible" its not the same type of movie.....

Now lets look at a movie like "Pluto Nash"....that was an abomination and should have never been greenlit

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I'm hearing it is piff too...

Usually Tom is picture perfect and mistake free in films, but his character in this just takes L's..

So even Ton Cruise haters can enjoy it because he gets murked like 30 times...

I need to check out the book this was based on.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
And? You think this will make anywhere close to asm 2? It wont. Im a spidey stan. So for me a spidey movie>>>> generic tom cruise sci fi movie.
not many movies can make more money than comic book films :aicmon:....its gonna make like 50mil first week tho :ld: and its most likely gonna be at least a 7.5/10 :yeshrug:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
That's from only 13 reviews, though. Most movies start out with high scores that steadily drop as more reviews come out.
this is true but the score has been steadily rising on this one as more reviews have come in.

i'd say if it does drop probably 77-84%