Tom Brady plans to join fox as lead NFL Analyst when he "retires"

premier58

All Star
Daps
Yeah, he’s probably reached that point because of longevity. Plus he was with Gisselle. I can’t think of anyone more famous than in the sport globally.

Still a tier other American athletes though.
Off top, here is my list, no order
1. Tom Brady
2. Mean Joe Greene
3. Lawrence Taylor
4. Peyton Manning
5. Joe Montana
6. Walter Payton(RIP)
7. O.J. Simpson(RIP)
8. dikk Butkus(RIP)
9.Joe Namath
10. Roger Staubach
Hon Mention, Bo Jackson, Brett Favre, Bradshaw, Johnny U, Reggie White, Michael Strahan, Barry Sanders, Lyle Alzado, Bubba Smith etc..Too many to name.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Broadcasting career decaying before our very eyes brehs

One day in late February when they add an 18th game. I’ll be sitting on the couch and someone will say “Tom Brady calling his 4th Super Bowl” and I’ll make a slight grin and go looking for this reply on internet archive :mjlol:

Last edited:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Is he really the most famous football player ever?
Must be at least if you consider on a global scale, internationally he’s like the only player they know (unless you the follow the sport)?

A bit, but not really, like Jordan was to basketball back in the days or how Lebron is now. Ie when you consider the people below casuals.

OJ too of course

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Off top, here is my list, no order
1. Tom Brady
2. Mean Joe Greene
3. Lawrence Taylor
4. Peyton Manning
5. Joe Montana
6. Walter Payton(RIP)
7. O.J. Simpson(RIP)
8. dikk Butkus(RIP)
9.Joe Namath
10. Roger Staubach
Hon Mention, Bo Jackson, Brett Favre, Bradshaw, Johnny U, Reggie White, Michael Strahan, Barry Sanders, Lyle Alzado, Bubba Smith etc..Too many to name.
Im pretty sure patrick mahomes is more known then half this list

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Who is most know though Trav or Pat :jbhmm:

But yeah other factors than football is not really fair. Just like we can say that Shannon might be at his biggest level of fame right now. Dude never had paparazzis or people wondering who he was fukking when he was playing, even if he’s an all-star caliber player

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Not saying that they don't matter at all, but does he need access to practice to be successful (don't know what the issue is with respect to the production meetings)? He could review tape of the teams and get notes about the individual players. Fox is paying him big money because of his name and I doubt that they would want to ax his deal because of his inability to watch practice.

Joe Buck & Aikman have access to everything and they are one of the most boring announcing teams on TV. With all of the information and breakdowns on the internet, I can't see how Brady would be at a real disadvantage right now. It's a different sport, but didn't Shaq and Grant Hill have limited access once they became part of ownership groups?

A lot of the access media has results in a lot of personal stories/anecdotes or the typical "we saw them practice this play three times when we observed the team on Thursday" mention after a big play. I think Brady understands the game enough to to operate without seeing plays beforehand, however I still don't think he'll be good for the season reason I don't think Kobe would have been good in a broadcaster role. Some guys are just wired differently and aren't good in a passive role. TV broadcasts also don't cater to their obsessive focus on certain details. What we're going to get is Tom constantly over explaining things, not letting the game breath, and also adding in an annoying level of "back in the day..."gripes about the modern game.

Greg Olsen is really good at explaining just enough while also being personable and flowing with the game. Compare that to say....Romo over explaining, sounding unprepared, constantly talking over the game, not letting moments breath, etc.

premier58

All Star
Daps
I have no idea why I forgot him. :hubie::flabbynsick:i was just naming retired guys. But of course, Mahomes is already top 5 in All time NFL popularity. Mike Vick is probably top 10 or 15, too.