Tokyo Vice - Season 2 (HBO MAX/2.8.24)

Jards

All Star
Daps
This show delivers so many good performances. Sato, Hayama, Oyabun, Jake's boss, Ken Watanabe been certified, Tozawa, even the architect was cooking this week. The gaijin are carrying their weight too.

The acting seems to be significantly better in Japanese than in English - feels more natural which is understandable as its the majority of the cast's mother tongue. Even the gaijin's acting seems better in Japanese - some of the scenes (including the gaijin's) feel like badly dubbed English when they move away from the Japanese lol

Storywise though it was a fire season - Tozawa, Sato and Hayuma carried it something fierce. Honourable mentions for Hagino and Yabuki as well

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
It would have been a miracle for this to get renewed
It was never was a trending topic, no big podcasts talked about it, no awards, and it was probably expensive to make.
I'm surprised Zaslav didn't cancel it mid production of Season 2 when he took over and saw how much money they were spending on this.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Me: Gets into a show on Max

Max: Cancels it

The-Sopranos_S.04_E.10_The-Strong-Silent-Type.jpg

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
It would have been a miracle for this to get renewed
It was never was a trending topic, no big podcasts talked about it, no awards, and it was probably expensive to make.
I'm surprised Zaslav didn't cancel it mid production of Season 2 when he took over and saw how much money they were spending on this.
Japan is also notoriously hard to film in if its foreign crew/project too. I was honestly surprised it got a 2nd season but i know a lot of these kinda "prestige" show lowkey get greenlit and renewed in 2 season blocks since that's how they make the money stretch (studios/channels not gonna invest if they cant get at least 2 seasons outta it if its expensive).