Todd McFarlane Teases ‘Badass’ & ‘Scary’ Spawn Reboot (Jamie Foxx cast)

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Spawn as a ghost is only happening because spawn is black.

Spawn is the central character of the comics. Hell hes the titular character of the series!!

Why you don't see this with their major heroes? All heroes with their own move GETS TO BE THE MAIN CHARACTER IN THE MOVIE!!! Only with one black hero, he won't be the primary focus of the movie! That's bullshyt if I ever heard it.

In the early issues, Spawn made it know he was black. He was very dissapointed when he used his magic to changed to a white guy to visit Wanda. "I'm black DAMMIT!!!" He fought the Klan a couple of issues later. That cemented the character as a black character but as the series went on, he became more ambiguous except when he was reverted by the Al.

You will never see this with a white character. Being second fiddle to other characters in your own movie?? Movie goers will EXPECT to see Spawn kicking ass all over the screen but they're just gonna see Sam and Twitch carry the entire movie?? :what:

And @Box Cutta last time I checked Spawn and Witchblade is not in the same universe. Witch blade /The Darkness is owned by Top Cow (Silvestri), which is under Image. Top Cow has their own universe.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
And for those who say McFarlene was :mjpls: for introducing the new spawn as white, remember, prominant white characters died all the time and was replaced (temporarily) with another version, most of the time that version is black.

Superman died and Steel replaced him

Batman hurt and was replaced by Azrael

Spider-Man = Doc Oct/Miles Morales

Invincible (Mark Greyson) replaced by the black guy (Bullet I think) when Mark had the virus

ShadowHawk replaced by a whiteboy (he did die of AIDS and was never brought back)

TChalla, when he had the brain anyorism, replaced by White Tiger

Captain America and Thor were replaced by Falcon and the female Thor respectively

This is a common trope that happens in comics. You really expected the white Spawn be the main character of the series? Al Simmons is the true spawn and any fan would tell you that. All those prominant characters were replaced by someone of another race/sex/different background. So was Spawn and he returned as expected.

Last edited: