Todd McFarlane Teases ‘Badass’ & ‘Scary’ Spawn Reboot (Jamie Foxx cast)

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Don't forget that nearly half of its prominent characters and lore can be attributed to Neil Gaiman guestwriting one issue early on.:russ:
Damn, forgot about that. Who all were in that issue? Angela, the heavenly spawn, the old knight version spawn? It's been so long can't remember, but I do remember he had that run of about 4 or 5 issues where he had guest writers like Frank Miller and Gaiman.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The movie wasn't that bad. It just came out at the wrong time and it tamed Spawn the one character that shouldn't be. Leguziamo killed that ish as Violator...but I do think the cartoon was alreay out so to see the cartoon, then have the tame movie...

BTW current Spawn comics are lit

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Damn, forgot about that. Who all were in that issue? Angela, the heavenly spawn, the old knight version spawn? It's been so long can't remember, but I do remember he had that run of about 4 or 5 issues where he had guest writers like Frank Miller and Gaiman.

Angela, Cogliostro and Medieval Spawn were all introduced in the issue written by Gaiman. Gaiman also wrote the Angela mini-series where he introduced the city of angels Elysium as well as multiple angelic characters, most notably Metatron.

morris

Superstar
Daps
shyt was wack to begin with.

badass demon who looks like a superhero and has chains and big guns cause he can't use his powers.

zomg somebody's killing bums in the alley!

84DEUMf.gif
:russ::russ::russ::russ:

:pacspit:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Like I've said b4 no one has ruined their own creation more than Todd Mcfarlane

fukk outta here:camby:

Ruined one of the greatest black comic book heroes cuz he can't let go of his dumb ass ideas. Like a studio would let u make a superhero movie without any fights or even a villain:heh:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
1). Todd McFarlane has been saying the EXACT same thing word for word for the past 15 or so years about the Spawn reboot movie, all the way down to Spawn being the "Ghost who lurks just out of view."

2). Having a movie called Spawn....without SPAWN front and center is stupid as all fukk. He's got the best story, costume, and power set of any character in that franchise...because..you know...he's the MAIN GODDAMN CHARACTER. Nobody gives two fukks about the two detectives or any other past or future spinoff characters.

3). McFarlane is high key :mjpls: when it comes to the character. He's tried his best to replace Al with another Spawn and nobody gave a fukk. I bet you anything if he could go back and introduce the character as a Cac he would

teacher

All Star
Daps
3). McFarlane is high key :mjpls: when it comes to the character. He's tried his best to replace Al with another Spawn and nobody gave a fukk. I bet you anything if he could go back and introduce the character as a Cac he would

Why make him black in the first place though? If anything he didn't realize how racist white people are considering people of color watch 'white' movies all the time.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Like I said, McFarlane is currently writing Spawn again and that shyt is on fire. Start with like 258

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
His been saying this shyt since the 90s

I don't think McFarlane is :mjpls:

Dude probably just didn't expect white folk to be so :mjpls:. Then again were they :mjpls: when Spawn came out. Thought the movie and series did well.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
His been saying this shyt since the 90s

I don't think McFarlane is :mjpls:

Dude probably just didn't expect white folk to be so :mjpls:. Then again were they :mjpls: when Spawn came out. Thought the movie and series did well.
Oh he realized that white folks were :mjpls:when the studio forced him to make Terry a white guy becuz theywere afraid that Spawn would appear to be a "black movie"

He talked about in in sum commentary