Todd McFarlane Teases ‘Badass’ & ‘Scary’ Spawn Reboot (Jamie Foxx cast)

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
First off, no shade, legitimately hope all parties get better and return to as much of a normal quality of life as possible. Having said all of this…

Remember that both Jamie Foxx AND Jeremy Renner were/are attached to this Spawn reboot :francis:

McFarlane can’t catch a break for shyt :snoop:
Yep they gotta be out

Aldis Hodge needs to be Al Simmons

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Just my opinion from years ago but I maintain Spawn would work better with a better balance of traditional superhero tropes vs the try-hard “against the grain” edginess they go overboard with.

The premise is unique/bad ass as is:
  • black soldier betrayed by powerful organization with military influence
  • desperate to see his wife, unknowingly makes deal with devil/demon
  • gets powers but is screwed over + time jump
  • now has to (1) stop demon (2) stop organization and (3) find a way back to his wife who is now remarried
That’s a perfect superhero protagonist synopsis. No need to diminish it by getting too religious or making him an abusive husband in his past or horrifically deformed in his present state. None of that shyt adds any value but it does take value away by putting off/shrinking your target audience.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just my opinion from years ago but I maintain Spawn would work better with a better balance of traditional superhero tropes vs the try-hard “against the grain” edginess they go overboard with.

• now has to (1) stop demon (2) stop organization and (3) find a way back to his wife who is now remarried
That’s a perfect superhero protagonist synopsis. No need to diminish it by getting too religious or making him an abusive husband in his past or horrifically deformed in his present state. None of that shyt adds any value but it does take value away by putting off/shrinking your target audience.

How come we never got a spawn ghost rider crossover?

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

Severely burned is Spawn though. And Hell is integral in the mythos. They can do the face Deadpool esque though - 1/3 Al-soldier, 1/3 Spawn & 1/3 burned Al.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
:mjlol: They should just reboot the cartoon.

HBO tripping not bringing the show back
It's not HBO it's Todd he's a massive control freak which is why you saw Spawn visually less and less in the last episodes. He wanted him in the shadows constantly it's weird Spawn has one of the most badass designs of all time:snoop:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
It's not HBO it's Todd he's a massive control freak which is why you saw Spawn visually less and less in the last episodes. He wanted him in the shadows constantly it's weird Spawn has one of the most badass designs of all time:snoop:
Yeah I forgot he wants Spawn to essentially be the Shark in Jaws. shyt is going to BOMB if he does that dumb ass shyt nobody wants to SEE SAM AND TWITCH as the main characters.