Todd McFarlane Teases ‘Badass’ & ‘Scary’ Spawn Reboot (Jamie Foxx cast)

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NO ONE IS GONNA FINANCE A SUPERHERO MOVIE WHERE THE HERO IS BARELY IN IT!!!!!

Todd wtf is wrong with u:dahell:

Ultimately yeah, it's this.

I think what McFarlane might not be getting is that making a story about a superhero (or super antihero I suppose, in this case) creates different kinds of marketing requirements, since there are more than enough superhero movies out there now.

Asking a company to lay down even a modest budget in something that they effectively won't be able to market due to the main hero effectively not being the main character is asking a LOT.

Even if you look at it as a horror movie, you're basically saying that it's a horror movie where the monster is not only technically the protagonist, but also someone you're supposed to root and feel sympathy for in a non ironic sense.

That's way too many barriers to put up for a movie that would be rebooting a franchise that wasn't a huge success in the first place.

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
:camby:

this bytch ass cac been promising us a new spawn movie/series for a decade now. fk him

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
They got Todd out the paint? :ohhh:
Hopefully they only tweak his script. Spawn's comics have been on fire the past 7 or so years. He knows his character.

Also i think his initial idea works for Spawn. In the best horror films, the focus character/creature barely had screentime. However, instead of solely Sam & Twitch, I'd make it from the primary perspective of Wanda or Cyan, with Sam & Twitch supporting.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Hopefully they only tweak his script. Spawn's comics have been on fire the past 7 or so years. He knows his character.

Also i think his initial idea works for Spawn. In the best horror films, the focus character/creature barely had screentime. However, instead of solely Sam & Twitch, I'd make it from the primary perspective of Wanda or Cyan, with Sam & Twitch supporting.
Fans want Spawn though a sequel series with Sam n Twitch sure but not SPAWN