Today is the 25th anniversary of the Fingerpoke of Doom

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Supporter
Daps
Started watching wrestling in the Spring of '98, so this was definitely my 1st "WTF was that?" moment in wrestling. And @Silkk's right on the money, Nash went from being one of WCW's top faces back to being a heel and basically Hogan's lackey again. And let's not forget the nWo A & B teams. :scust:

Kevin_Nash

2x WWE Hall of Famer
Daps
Hoegan could have at least put on his ring gear

I don't think it was reported on ever, but Hulk during the few months before this event was studying pressure points in his home gym. He was trying to reduce the load on his back/legs from doing the leg drop, and with him having creative control, he wanted to try his pressure point tactic. When we were in that ring, he legit hit a pressure point that damn near paralyzed me. Thankfully it was only temporary and our coup was successful.

The worst part wasn’t even the title change.

It was the Nash heel turn and willingly being hogan’s flunky again letting him take over his WAY more popular group and run it into the ground :scust:

Wasn't my call pal. I was part of creative but I didn't get control of the book for another month or so. Have to take that up with Eazy E or whoever had final say at that time.

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm sorry, but this shyt is still hilarious to me after 25 years.

Hogan, Hall and Nash had the big entrances just for a few minutes of work

Hogan and Nash stalling and taunting each for what it seemed like an eternity

Schiavone and Brain just being exasperated with all the shenanigans

Goldberg looking like a rube running down to the ring to receive his ass kicking

Lex Lugar running down for the save...only to turn on Goldberg for..... reasons

Scott Hall bringing out the stun gun

Bischoff being hilarious on commentary and providing SFX for the stun gun and spray cans

It was some good shyt pal

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
The worst part wasn’t even the title change.

It was the Nash heel turn and willingly being hogan’s flunky again letting him take over his WAY more popular group and run it into the ground :scust:

This is a good point you make. How could Kevin Nash let the finger poke of doom happen? He just beat Goldberg and was hotter than fish grease. It seems unlike Kevin to do a job of that magnitude at that time.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
fukk both these going into business for themselves goofies and racist eternally.

Art Barr

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I'm sorry, but this shyt is still hilarious to me after 25 years.

Hogan, Hall and Nash had the big entrances just for a few minutes of work

Hogan and Nash stalling and taunting each for what it seemed like an eternity

Schiavone and Brain just being exasperated with all the shenanigans

Goldberg looking like a rube running down to the ring to receive his ass kicking

Lex Lugar running down for the save...only to turn on Goldberg for..... reasons

Scott Hall bringing out the stun gun

Bischoff being hilarious on commentary and providing SFX for the stun gun and spray cans

It was some good shyt pal
Never understood why anybody thought he was saving Goldberg when he was in the Wolfpac

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
This is a good point you make. How could Kevin Nash let the finger poke of doom happen? He just beat Goldberg and was hotter than fish grease. It seems unlike Kevin to do a job of that magnitude at that time.
Its been alleged by some it was because he and Hogan made an agreement on that because Hogan wanted to end Goldberg’s streak but relented to Nash

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Fun fact: This is not what killed WCW. They were still getting very high ratings afterwards, but it was HOEgan's injury during the height of this angle that really hurt the company. They had no plan B so everything just fell apart after HOEgan went down, then when he returned it was too late and the ratings continued to fall.