Today I learned that Mexican Americans fought AGAINST being called Mexican in the 1930s census and wanted to be WHITE

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Black Americans trying to form some kind of Avengers team with all these different immigrant and minority groups was a giant mistake. We wasted a lot of time and effort on people that have wanted to be white the whole time.

I wish people would stop saying this cause it's not true in the slightest.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Remember when Yvette Carnell said verbatim "we have to become white" and b*stards were juelzing for her :laff:

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Usf0.gif

"Yea foo, I'm white"

#aycaramba

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Uh, yeah…I thought everybody knew this.

To be fair, this is common knowledge in Cali.
The Tru Mestizos/Chicanos let it be known they aren’t down with the “Hispanic“ chit…

Wait until you find out about the Yalta Conference

Satsui no Hadou

CHICANO 🇲🇽 🇺🇸
Daps
Nap, stick to the Democrat shilling and spamming. Quit trying to agitate a race war you stupid bytch.

Yes, LULAC went the route of assimilation. This is well known. They carried out a policy of teaching migrants English in an attempt at helping them integrate into society much easier. To them, being white wasn’t so much an honor as you stupidly implied, it was a means of circumventing the discrimination american-born and undocumented laborers faced. Do I agree with that? fukk no, but in the context of the times I consider it progressive. These weren’t revolutionaries, they were trying to work within the legal framework of the country for the betterment of their people and offered healthcare, legal and educational services.

Keep in mind, this designation of white did jack shyt to ameliorate the plight of migrant workers and Mexican-Americans. In spite of a government initiative to subsidize a depleted workforce during World War Two(bracero program), the American government commenced with operation wetback and cruelly deported those same workers they welcomed in the first place.

In 1954 the Supreme Court passed judgement on Hernandez vs Texas. This case centered around Pete Hernandez, who was found guilty of murdering another man and sentenced to life imprisonment. However, it was soon revealed that he had been subject to an all-white jury, not one of his peers. Civil rights lawyers took this to the Supreme Court and per the Library of Congress:

“Despite more than 100 years of citizenship rights under the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo (1848) and post WWII integration into the local economy, Mexicans Americans in Texas endured segregation in systemic jury discrimination, which reached a climax in 1951 with the Hernandez case. Despite being 14% of Edna's population, no Mexican American had executed their citizenship rights as jury commissioners, petit jurors, or grand jurors in over 50 Texas counties with a predominant Mexican American population since 1926. The lawyers claimed that the all Anglo-Saxon jury, which indicted Hernandez, denied him his equal protection under the 14th Amendment.”

Furthermore, this is the same LULAC that fought on behalf of Mexican American veterans. In 1949, a funeral parlor in three rivers, Texas refused to hold a wake for Felix Longoria, who died in World War Two during a military operation in the Philippines. They also suggested burying him in a segregated section of the cemetery, in fear of angering the locals who had a very specific view of what constitutes as white. Things became so heated that Lyndon Johnson worked on LULACs behalf and secured a spot in Arlington national cemetery, making Felix Longoria the first Mexican American to receive such an honor.

You are offering a very myopic and revisionist history here. Stick to the bullshyt your cutouts give you and leave the racial bullshyt to the rest of these fuxktards. If you would like to know more I have no problem spotting game. Mexican history in this country is relatively obscured, which is no surprise as it has been systematically destroyed since the Spanish first touched down in mexico.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
One thing I learned is you can't just take one perspective as the whole truth. Some might want to see themselves as white. I can tell you that's not how all of them feel. Some want to identify more with the native side. Some don't like white folks.
That's why we call them cacs. Been knew this

It's more complicated than the OP is trying to suggest. There's more perspectives than the one in the article.

Satsui no Hadou

CHICANO 🇲🇽 🇺🇸
Daps
One thing I learned is you can't just take one perspective as the whole truth. A majority might want to see themselves as white. I can tell you that's not how all of them feel. Some want to identify more with the native side. Some don't like white folks.

It's more complicated than the OP is trying to suggest. There's more perspectives than the one in the article.
This. I’m brown and have shaggy black hair and caca eyes…wtf would I ever call myself white when I literally have a nopal growing out my fukking forehead?

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
At this point, Mestizo and Trigueno are practically races; besides the occasional Cuban, I've never heard any hispanic, including Mexicans claim cac :yeshrug:

Satsui no Hadou

CHICANO 🇲🇽 🇺🇸
Daps
At this point, Mestizo and Trigueno are practically races; besides the occasional Cuban, I've never heard any hispanic, including Mexicans claim cac :yeshrug:
Don’t get me wrong…there are plenty of white washed Mexicans in south Texas, where I am from. They are ignorant of their history, and have bought into the idea of the American dream. None of what I posted is taught in schools, nor the true and racist legacy of post-revolutionary Texas.

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
Don’t get me wrong…there are plenty of white washed Mexicans in south Texas, where I am from. They are ignorant of their history, and have bought into the idea of the American dream. None of what I posted is taught in schools, nor the true and racist legacy of post-revolutionary Texas.
I'm from Miami, I'm also a "Yank" (AA); just going outside disproves like, 40% of what TLR babbles about that's isn't gay as fukk, at least on a personal level, I chill with whoever but my circle is 99% Haitian

I say that to say a lot of brehs in non-diverse areas no pun intended, paint shyt black and white. The politicians? People in power? Whole different topic where the whole wannabe white thing isn't exagerated. But individuals? People are people :yeshrug: