Tobias Harris to 76ers fans: Casual Sixers fans, they'll trade me for a Crumbl Cookie. But I’m 6’9, shoot 40 % from three and defend the best players

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
Crumbl cookies are so overrated. I hate big ass cakey cookies.
I love cookies there my thing. I agree i hate those cakey mf's, i prefer insomnia if we talking big chains but a family owned biz wit real homemade butter cookies will always be goat imo.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
It’s amazing the hate Tobias gets when their best player disappears when he’s needed the most .
This. The Sixers shortcomings fall squarely on Embiid then Simmons/Harden in that order. You give any other top level/mvp player of the last decade that Sixers squad in that eastern conference and they at the very least make the finals if not out right win a few rings.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This. The Sixers shortcomings fall squarely on Embiid then Simmons/Harden in that order. You give any other top level/mvp player of the last decade that Sixers squad in that eastern conference and they at the very least make the finals if not out right win a few rings.
Money brings expectations and at point and time Harris was being paid like a max player, yet had no impact compared to dudes who make a lot less than he does. Just because he isn’t a household name doesn’t mean that he doesn’t deserve blame for their shortcomings.

He just initially got the benefit of a doubt with Simmons taking all the blame those years.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I've never joined in on the Tobias slander because he's objectively not a bad player. I don't get the criticism he gets.

It's cause the Sixers signed him thinking he was ascending, when he fact he had already hit his ceiling. so they paid $35 million/year for someone they thought would be a complementary star, when in fact they got a very good role player who was worth $25 million/year.

Hating him like that for getting paid an extra $10 million too much is goofy though.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Money brings expectations and at point and time Harris was being paid like a max player, yet had no impact compared to dudes who make a lot less than he does. Just because he isn’t a household name doesn’t mean that he doesn’t deserve blame for their shortcomings.

He just initially got the benefit of a doubt with Simmons taking all the blame those years.
The third option player on any championship caliber team is going to garner a decent salary. You gotta pay what other teams are willing to take away from you. He is slightly overpaid but his salary hasn’t hindered them from getting talent and his play isn’t the reason they haven’t won.

He averages 17/8/3 shooting 86/47/35 in the playoffs. Plenty of teams are going to pay $30 million for that.

Again you put any other mvp caliber big man (Jokic, Giannis, and AD) on that Sixers squad these last few years and they at least make the finals in that east if not outright win a ring.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The third option player on any championship caliber team is going to garner a decent salary. You gotta pay what other teams are willing to take away from you. He is slightly overpaid but his salary hasn’t hindered them from getting talent and his play isn’t the reason they haven’t won.

He averages 17/8/3 shooting 86/47/35 in the playoffs. Plenty of teams are going to pay $30 million for that.

Again you put any other mvp caliber big man (Jokic, Giannis, and AD) on that Sixers squad these last few years and they at least make the finals in that east if not outright win a ring.
Those numbers and splits mean nothing in the grand scheme of things as they make no impact whatsoever. We've seen many third options over the years put up more memorable performances than he has. I bet you couldn't even tell me a memorable Harris play or performance because you can't. He can put 25 points on 60% shooting, yet you wouldn’t even realize that he’s out on the floor because it’s quiet numbers.

Look at Jrue and Gordon/MPJ over the past few years who were 3rd options for their current teams. They made more of an impact than someone like Harris has and they make less than he does.

Last edited:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Don’t forget he got that money because he and Simmons ran Butler out. Harris team specifically said they were leaving if Butler came back. Sixers gave up a haul to get him(remember when Landry Shamet was a thing lol) so they pretty much had no choice. Another genius move by Brand. None of this would have been as issue had they drafted Tatum instead of another PG when you already had Simmons