To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW
Team will be a playoff team next year once the rotation is hammered out. The talent and pieces are there, we're just stupid young
Mal, you a breh, and that was a good win, but let’s not get carried away.

Need upgrades in numerous positions for this thing to truly get/stay competitive.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Mal, you a breh, and that was a good win, but let’s not get carried away.

Need upgrades in numerous positions for this thing to truly get/stay competitive.

It’s not about the win last night, team had been better game by game as the season has gone on. There’s going to be set backs and more 20+ losses this year too; but Wemby good enough to us to the playoffs off his own muscle next year

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW
It’s not about the win last night, team had been better game by game as the season has gone on. There’s going to be set backs and more 20+ losses this year too; but Wemby good enough to us to the playoffs off his own muscle next year
I got you. So would you be content staying put or…?

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Team will be a playoff team next year once the rotation is hammered out. The talent and pieces are there, we're just stupid young
:whoa:. I don't think we going anywhere with Collins, Bassey, and Barlow being the bigs with Victor off the floor. We usually get killed as soon as he comes out. Sochan and Devin held it down the last two games though :ehh:

Wessley a good defender but he don't even try to shoot :mjlol:

We probably got to turn over like half our roster for this to be a real perennial playoff team.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Honestly, I want us to continue to lose(this year) so we can stay in the top 5. This team still needs a lot of talent and as good as Wemby is, SA isn't a free agent destination. We need to build through the draft and develop the young guys we have.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Yall think our record is better if we just ran a traditional starting 5 out the gate?

I think we play .500 ball or better the rest of the way
I think Pop wanted to do right by Keldon and not push him to the bench. He's been a good soldier the last few years. I also think there was some truth to him not wanting to put Wemby in a box (Wemby seems to enjoy the perimeter more). They got the two Suns wins with the non-traditional lineup. Honestly, who knows how things turn out if they don't blow that early game against Toronto...their confidence was riding high.

The bench unit needs KJ's aggression. Even more so, it needs Collins to figure out whatever the hell is wrong with himself.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Honestly, I want us to continue to lose(this year) so we can stay in the top 5. This team still needs a lot of talent and as good as Wemby is, SA isn't a free agent destination. We need to build through the draft and develop the young guys we have.
Build through the draft or trade a top pick for a proven commodity. I still don't trust Wright's assessment of talent.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Build through the draft or trade a top pick for a proven commodity. I still don't trust Wright's assessment of talent.
Outside of Primo, where do you think he took L's at? I do agree he hasn't shown me that he is capable of building a good roster. It feels like he still depends on RC to do a lot of the day to day GM stuff.