To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
They're losing games at an insane clip already, so why not dedicate one game to forcing the ball to Wemby the minute he makes a move to the basket. If it's a turnover, it's a turnover. But I'd rather them lose forcing him to be the #1 option versus whatever the hell we're watching now...

Speaking of watching, I'll be at the game here in Dallas tomorrow. Please don't bench Wemby tomorrow, Pop :sadcam:
I forgot who mentioned it in here but I think Keldon has to go. Love the guy but we need to give his attempts to Vic. Hopefully Pop is letting these guys showcase their talents and try to move some pieces at the deadline. Keldon and Collins are roadblocks, imo. Vic needs a young squad around him that will defer.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When Tim Duncan came into the league, it was still David Robinson's team. That was understandable.
And when it became clear that Duncan was the man to lean on, everything went through him.

Wemby isn't coming into the same situation. There isn't a "David Robinson" on this team.
The same way Duncan was carrying a bunch of G-league players in the early 2000s is the same way Wemby should be carrying these Spurs.

And eventually, the Spurs will find or develop the "Manu Ginobili" and "Tony Parker" to complement Wembanyama.
For now though, it's gross to see some of these other players taking a chunk of the offensive opportunities.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I'm still trying to figure out why the fukk is malaki Branham starting all these damn games