To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
I tried to tell yall we was going to be trash this year even after getting Wemby. The projectory was to tank last year for wemby. This year is going to be a year of experimenting and developing(silent tank). Year 3 is when we actually try to win games.

Outside of Wemby,Vassell and Keldon, nobody on this team can create their own shot. We have no consistent scorers.

Hopefully they keep Wemby at the 5 the remainder of the season. I'd love to pair him with Bassey and Barlow, but Bassey just got hurt in the g league and Barlow is a year away from being a NBA level role player.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think Branham and Wesley are fantastic athletes but they aren't going to work out in the long term. They were low risk/high upside players taken in the latter part of the 1st round for a reason. Yes, they are young. But even with young players you will see bursts of high level play and I'm not sure they've got that in them. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm concerned that Jeremy Sochan isn't really showing up as a plus-defender. From what I remember, that's the main reason he was drafted 9th overall. People talked about his motor and defense, and so far he isn't stopping anyone.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
I think Branham and Wesley are fantastic athletes but they aren't going to work out in the long term. They were low risk/high upside players taken in the latter part of the 1st round for a reason. Yes, they are young. But even with young players you will see bursts of high level play and I'm not sure they've got that in them. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm concerned that Jeremy Sochan isn't really showing up as a plus-defender. From what I remember, that's the main reason he was drafted 9th overall. People talked about his motor and defense, and so far he isn't stopping anyone.
Yup. I was high on Wesley during the draft but all he has going for him is his athleticism. Branham could be a rip Hamilton type player but his shot is way too inconsistent and he's not going to get the attempts he needs to stay hot.

My biggest gripe with Sochan is his perimeter defense on guards and quicker forwards has left a lot to be desired. He falls for every pump fake and puts himself and the team out of position.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

matrix-not-like-this.gif

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I tried to tell yall we was going to be trash this year even after getting Wemby. The projectory was to tank last year for wemby. This year is going to be a year of experimenting and developing(silent tank). Year 3 is when we actually try to win games.

Outside of Wemby,Vassell and Keldon, nobody on this team can create their own shot. We have no consistent scorers.

Hopefully they keep Wemby at the 5 the remainder of the season. I'd love to pair him with Bassey and Barlow, but Bassey just got hurt in the g league and Barlow is a year away from being a NBA level role player.
that's why I aint been freaking out. this year all about getting Wemby comfortable and figuring out how to build a system around him.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Tank again and build that roster for the future :myman:
We gotta draft right for that to happen. Vassell over Hali; Primo over Sengun, and I think they missed the mark on Sochan's defensive abilities (with a broke jumper, you gotta be close to a lockdown defender to be picked top 10). Wright better not turn into Ainge 2.0 and hoard those picks until it's too late.