To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
As a Bulls fan I watched this game and wondered why isn't Trey Jones starting? He played great defense, hit the open 3 and got to the bucket.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Yeah the spurs gotta put actually players around Wemby. The kid is special. Like reeeeally special. Too many non-NBA players on this roster. Collins is not it. He can’t be your starting center.

If I’m San Antonio, just try and get Topić in the draft and build around Wemby and Vassell. Everyone else besides maybe Cedi should b moved.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Why can't Spurs hold a lead ? It seems they always have good start but it fizzles out by the third quarter ?

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Why does Pop hate Tre Jones ?

Dude had 18 and 9 off the bench and is the best PG on the team.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Why can't Spurs hold a lead ? It seems they always have good start but it fizzles out by the third quarter ?
Pop is the worst coach in the league now. It's why the spurs have the worst 3rd quarter scoring differential in the entire league. At halftime the other teams coaches make adjustments and whatever the spurs were doing well in the 1st half they make it harder to do. Pop doesn't make any counter adjustments so the offense just goes to shyt and tends to stay shyt the rest of the game.

If we swapped out Pop with literally any other coach in the league we probably have at least 3 more wins ( Raptors, Grizzlies, Bulls) if not more.

Pop lost 16 in a row last year. Set the all time losing streak record for the Spurs. He about to set it AGAIN for a second straight season. Time to get his old ass out of here. :camby:

If he coaches the whole season the spurs are going to seriously challenge the all time loss record. I legit don't see 1 guaranteed win on their schedule. They couldn't beat Memphis when half they roster was g league players.

Last edited:

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Pop is the worst coach in the league now. It's why they spurs have the worst 3rd quarter scoring differential in the entire league. At halftime the other teams coaches make adjustments and whatever the spurs were doing well in the 1st half they make it harder to do. Pop doesn't make any counter adjustments so the offense just goes to shyt and tends to stay shyt the rest of the game.

If we swapped out Pop with literally any other coach in the league we probably have at least 3 more wins ( Raptors, Grizzlies, Bulls) if not more.

Pop lost 16 in a row last year. Set the all time losing streak record for the Spurs. He about to set it AGAIN for a second straight season. Time to get his old ass out of here. :camby:

If he coaches the whole season the spurs are going to seriously challenge the all time loss record. I legit don't see 1 guaranteed win on their schedule. They couldn't beat Memphis when half they roster was g league players.
I think Pop just won't come out and say "we are still tanking, trust the process" Like Philly did to calm their fans and communicate what they where doing.

The front office clearly doesn't care about winning and are using this year as an experiment time

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I think Pop just won't come out and say "we are still tanking, trust the process" Like Philly did to calm their fans and communicate what they where doing.

The front office clearly doesn't care about winning and are using this year as an experiment time
Tanking for what and for who? No team tanks to repeatedly set their all time consecutive loss record. That stuff does way more damage than good. Philly had to swap out damn near their whole team when "the process" ended. Looks like the spurs are going to have to do the same.