To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW
This is def the most pedestrian I’ve seen Wemby play so far.

Breh looks overwhelmed out there. Lights too bright, etc.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Help me understand.
I heard about how the Spurs were going to focus on defense this past off-season.

And yet in these first 8 games, the defense has been as embarrassing and bad as it was all last year.

They're allowing 120+ pts to the Knicks.

I get that these Spurs weren't expected to be great this year, but this is frustrating to watch. I don't need to see them win every game. But this defense is disgusting.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Help me understand.
I heard about how the Spurs were going to focus on defense this past off-season.

And yet in these first 8 games, the defense has been as embarrassing and bad as it was all last year.

They're allowing 120+ pts to the Knicks.

I get that these Spurs weren't expected to be great this year, but this is frustrating to watch. I don't need to see them win every game. But this defense is disgusting.
They have A LOT of work to do. Both the players and PATFO

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Keep shooting…

Doesn’t matter about wins this season
I understand. But defense is not something you can turn on and off.

I don't think the Spurs can shoot all season and then next year decide they want to grab offensive rebounds and defend the corner 3.

Defense is a mindset driven by effort.

If they're lazy about it now, they're going to be lazy about it next November too.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I understand. But defense is not something you can turn on and off.

I don't think the Spurs can shoot all season and then next year decide they want to grab offensive rebounds and defend the corner 3.

Defense is a mindset driven by effort.

If they're lazy about it now, they're going to be lazy about it next November too.

I’m talking about Wemby in particular, he just needs to keep that confidence up

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
still a very young squad and its early in the season. not gonna judge anything yet
i think wemby will be fine. but now that they have him, it's time to start putting things around him for real.

Statistically, before the knicks game, wemby turned the Spurs from the worst defense in the league by far, to slightly below average. Thats a big jump. So we already see the defensive upside he brings. Now it's time to give that man a ballhandler, cuz this sochan experiment is ugly to watch

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i think wemby will be fine. but now that they have him, it's time to start putting things around him for real.

Statistically, before the knicks game, wemby turned the Spurs from the worst defense in the league by far, to slightly below average. Thats a big jump. So we already see the defensive upside he brings. Now it's time to give that man a ballhandler, cuz this sochan experiment is ugly to watch
There really aren't any PGs available via trade or free agency next summer.
Guys like Markelle Fultz or Lonzo Ball would be projects.
Immanuel Quickley and Tyrese Maxey are restricted FAs and will definitely be kept.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
There really aren't any PGs available via trade or free agency next summer.
Guys like Markelle Fultz or Lonzo Ball would be projects.
Immanuel Quickley and Tyrese Maxey are restricted FAs and will definitely be kept.
might have to make a trade, because they need ballhandling and defense in the worst way. They have the assets for it, too

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio

To be fair, the wheels have fallen off the last three games. What's been the constant the last 3 games? Vassell has been injured. Remember, he is supposed to be one of our better defenders (although his defense has dipped as his offensive responsibilities increased).