To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
We didnt win shyt and we had to sacrifice them to get Victor but those Dejounte/Derrick/Lonnie Spurs years were fun.

That year where DJ made the All Star team and lead us to the play in was some of the most fun I had watching the Spurs
Same. After 2 decades of dominance I enjoyed watching the growing pains of the young squad. As much flack as Pop gets I truly believe those 3 you mentioned benefited from his patience and coaching. Guys like Lonnie would be overseas if it wasn't for Pop and the Spurs tutelage and development.

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Victor is 19 years old. He turns 20 in January. He's got 7 games played in the NBA.
His skill is obvious. But it's going to take a year or two at least for him to get really comfortable and learn how to adapt to the way teams will attack him.

People are talking about other Spurs players taking shots they shouldn't take, and I think it's a little bit of drama.

Yes, the Spurs need a point guard. Sochan, ideally, wouldn't be the PG but rather a situational ball handler in the way Draymond has been for Golden State. Again, ideally. So we shouldn't freak out that he's making mistakes.

There's a possibility the Spurs don't even draft a PG next summer depending on where they land in the draft.

Keep in mind that the Spurs still have a long season to go and they have to see if guys like Champagnie and Barlow and Mamu can contribute meaningful minutes.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Victor is 19 years old. He turns 20 in January. He's got 7 games played in the NBA.
His skill is obvious. But it's going to take a year or two at least for him to get really comfortable and learn how to adapt to the way teams will attack him.

People are talking about other Spurs players taking shots they shouldn't take, and I think it's a little bit of drama.

Yes, the Spurs need a point guard. Sochan, ideally, wouldn't be the PG but rather a situational ball handler in the way Draymond has been for Golden State. Again, ideally. So we shouldn't freak out that he's making mistakes.

There's a possibility the Spurs don't even draft a PG next summer depending on where they land in the draft.

Keep in mind that the Spurs still have a long season to go and they have to see if guys like Champagnie and Barlow and Mamu can contribute meaningful minutes.
Finally back in the states and getting caught up on the Spurs happenings. That Raptors loss was definitely deflating and appears to have contributed (along with lack of rest) to the blowout in Indy.

I'm not sweating the Sochan PG issue, but rather his offense in general. For me it goes back to when we drafted him. He had a broken jumper, and we let Chip walk away to OKC that same summer. JS doesn't have the defensive chops that Kawhi had as in his first couple of years, which makes it harder to justify his lack of offense.

7 games in and we've beaten Phoenix twice. 3-4 makes sense as we probably should be 2-5 (I would have chalked up both Phoenix games as losses before the games were played). Keldon is playing great ball for us right now. Vassell is slightly concerning as dude is inching toward that "injury-prone" label. All in all though, very encouraged with what we've seen so far. And we got another TV game tonight!

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finally back in the states and getting caught up on the Spurs happenings. That Raptors loss was definitely deflating and appears to have contributed (along with lack of rest) to the blowout in Indy.

I'm not sweating the Sochan PG issue, but rather his offense in general. For me it goes back to when we drafted him. He had a broken jumper, and we let Chip walk away to OKC that same summer. JS doesn't have the defensive chops that Kawhi had as in his first couple of years, which makes it harder to justify his lack of offense.

7 games in and we've beaten Phoenix twice. 3-4 makes sense as we probably should be 2-5 (I would have chalked up both Phoenix games as losses before the games were played). Keldon is playing great ball for us right now. Vassell is slightly concerning as dude is inching toward that "injury-prone" label. All in all though, very encouraged with what we've seen so far. And we got another TV game tonight!
I thought Chip didn't want to return.
Was it the Spurs who let him go?