To the coli old heads was St. Ides good for hip hop back in the days

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Absolutely! You must be NYC. Rocked with some Private Stock and Red Bull at times too.

No doubt, bro. Born and raised in NYC. Spent a million nights in project stairwells, lobbies and park benches drinking 40s and smoking blunts :obama:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
it was ………….

Olde-english.jpg
for da 80’s

St.+Ides+bottle.png
for da 90’s

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
In hindsight no.

And in real time back then, no.

St. Ides (and their parent company) was cutting checks and letting rappers basically record mini songs as commercials and it worked because the songs slapped.

But something tells me those St Ides delivery trucks werent pulling up to the suburbs and they weren’t putting their posters in the local Quik Mark in CAClandia USA. The drivers had no problem giving kids those posters because I remember getting like 10 of them for me and my peoples — the one with Snoop and Pac for the Special Brew

1*XEiEVvvkBV8ynF_5hw_C3Q.jpeg

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
them crooked i juices was fire... seem like they became arizona... that fruit punch arizona has taste jus like that shyt...

ad green.. kept them bytches on deck

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I imagine the same way they did with cigarettes, fun jingles by your favorite artist and billboards all throughout the hood showing how you’ll have a great time with cigs or beer/liquor.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
No doubt, bro. Born and raised in NYC. Spent a million nights in project stairwells, lobbies and park benches drinking 40s and smoking blunts :obama:
Damn those corporations corrupted you. You would have been at the library every night if not for those liquor ads

:troll:

Pretend people don't like to drink for argument sake brehs.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
In hindsight no.

And in real time back then, no.

St. Ides (and their parent company) was cutting checks and letting rappers basically record mini songs as commercials and it worked because the songs slapped.

But something tells me those St Ides delivery trucks werent pulling up to the suburbs and they weren’t putting their posters in the local Quik Mark in CAClandia USA. The drivers had no problem giving kids those posters because I remember getting like 10 of them for me and my peoples — the one with Snoop and Pac for the Special Brew

1*XEiEVvvkBV8ynF_5hw_C3Q.jpeg
I respect this. Everyone said they were advertising to youth. You the only one to actually come with receipts. They gave kids those posters. Now that's a valid point.