To Catch a Predator fukkery Returns! Hansen v Predator (Check Your Local Listings)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

Chris Hansen now catching predators in broad daylight | New York Post

“Crime Watch Daily” has a new host — and a new name.

Last season’s breakout syndicated hit will be hosted by former “Dateline” correspondent Chris Hansen when it returns Sept. 12 as “Crime Watch Daily with Chris Hansen.”

Hansen, 56, made his mark on “Dateline” with his “To Catch a Predator” segments, which ensnared 300 Internet child sex predators on-camera over a five-year period (2004-2009).

The segment, now called “Hansen vs. Predator,” will be part of the rebranded show.

“It’s the same sort of thing,” Hansen says. “Imagine that when we first did the ‘Predator’ investigations [on NBC] we had decoys on chat rooms on AOL and Yahoo — now there are so many social media platforms and so many more places where potential predators can reach out to kids.

“And we show that,” he says. “We already did [a ‘Hansen vs. Predator’] segment in Fairfield, Ct. where we ensnared a Boston insurance executive and a guy who was commuting on the train from Connecticut to New York City.”

Hansen will anchor “Crime Watch Daily” from New York, with reporters Matt Doran, Jason Mattera, Ana Garcia, Andrea Isom and Michelle Sigona all returning.

“I’ll also be traveling and doing stories,” he says. “I’m going to be very involved in terms of reporting and getting inteviews we want to get. I think that’s why I add value to the show — I’ve got 34 years of reporting crime and breaking news; if I call the sheriff’s department in NY or in Michigan they take the call, so we get access.

“People let me into their lives, whether it’s a tragic or victorious circumstance,” he says. “I’ve been at this a long time and people have a certain level of trust in me.”

Hansen will continue hosting his ID series, “Killer Instinct,” which is in its second season.

“Crime Watch Daily” was TV’s first daytime true-crime show when it premiered last fall. It averaged 1.4 million viewers as last season’s top-rated new syndicated show and earned a Daytime Emmy nomination.

The show moves to 1 p.m. on WPIX/Ch. 11 when it returns for Season 2 next month.

“It was a hit show before I got there and I want to make it better,” says Hansen. “I’ll be interjecting my personality and there’s a certain demographic of viewer who appreciates that.”

I wonder if this is the announcement...was hoping it was its own show, but segments work I guess.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
No its not if you arent in jail you can do it again and not everyone watches tv sure some will know about it obviously.
Bruh, in today's day and age just being outed on TV as a creepy pedo is going to basically end your life as you know it because social media will pounce and those videos will be getting play constantly. Just anyone doing a search of one of these guys names will bring this up.
So whether they go to jail or not they are not getting off scott free.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bruh, in today's day and age just being outed on TV as a creepy pedo is going to basically end your life as you know it because social media will pounce and those videos will be getting play constantly. Just anyone doing a search of one of these guys names will bring this up.
So whether they go to jail or not they are not getting off scott free.
I dont agree with that sure alot of people will know but I would rather they be prosecuted.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
:win:So am I the only one wondering why this is called Hansen vs Predator now? :pachaha: Might as well tack on a subtitle like 'Dawn of Justice' while they at it:heh:
When catching pedos first aired CH was the hero we deserve but not the one we needed at that moment...

After he disappeared to do some soul searching busting up Nigerian scams he has returned to what he was meant for...

TillWeDie

All Star
Daps
Hansen looks like he's been through a bad divorce or something, glad he's back though

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I dont agree with that sure alot of people will know but I would rather they be prosecuted.
can totally understand your viewpoint.

at the end of the day they can still go to some rural town or something and commit more crimes. really this would only end some teen or young adult. a middle aged or senior person is just a minor L because their peers barely are on social media anyway