To Catch a Predator fukkery Returns! Hansen v Predator (Check Your Local Listings)

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Which ones? A lot of them still got charged for something.
Entrapment claims[edit]
Montopoli also suggests that To Catch a Predator may not be as immune from the defense of entrapment as the show claims. Although Perverted-Justice volunteers wait for the suspect to initiate contact, former Dateline anchor Stone Phillips concedes that "... in many cases, the decoy is the first to bring up the subject of sex." Phillips defends this, saying that "... once the hook is baited, the fish jump and run with it like you wouldn't believe."[26] Montopoli contends that this alone may render Predator-related cases vulnerable to the defense of entrapment. This situation, however, may fail the "reasonable person" test of entrapment, as there is no persuasion or coercion involved.[27] The March 2007 issue ofLaw Enforcement magazine, a publication of Officer.com, addressed the entrapment issue from a law enforcement perspective. "Though defendants raised the entrapment issue in Riverside, a judge's ruling later threw it out. The judge ruled it differs from a police officer presenting a handful of drugs to a subject and asking if he wants to buy some. In this scenario, the person's being invited to make a snap decision. In contrast, driving to a meeting location afforded these Internet offenders plenty of time to change their minds."[28]The article continued: "Even so, Perverted-Justice puts precautions in place to thwart the entrapment issue. Volunteers never initiate contact with the person; all communication begins with the offender. Later, contributors never instigate lewd conversations or talks of sexual meetings."

Charges dropped[edit]
50px-Question_book-new.svg.png

This section relies largely or entirely upon a single source. Relevant discussion may be found on the talk page. Please helpimprove this article by introducing citations to additional sources. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In June 2007, Perverted-Justice was criticized following a sting operation in Collin County, Texas, as charges against 23 suspected online sex predators were dropped. Collin County Assistant District Attorney Greg Davis claimed the cases were dropped after Perverted-Justice failed to provide enough usable evidence; however, Collin County District Attorney John Roach previously stated his position against the sting was, "We were in the law enforcement business—not show business." Perverted-Justice responded to this change in position by saying both "We called out the prosecutor's office because we knew they could not defend the claim that the evidence was 'inadequate'" and "The very idea that we refused to testify or would ever refuse to testify is absurd."[29]

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
The 2016 version of this show would be great with social media now popping the way it is.

:sitdown:: She tweeted at you that she was 14, and what did you tweet back?

:whoa:: I dunno, I didn't say nothing.

:sitdown:: Eggplant, eggplant, eggplant, smiling faecal matter, eggplant. Were you trying to signify anal sex with this girl.

:whoa:: No I was saying if you eat your vegetables you'll have regular bowel movements.

:sitdown:: So when you said "Girl, tell me what that little mouth do?"...

:whoa:: I meant I wanted to know how her diction classes were going.

:sitdown:: "I know that you're 11, but I'd still like to have sex with you"

:whoa:: :snoop:

:sitdown:: Have you ever heard of Hansen vs. Predator?

:whoa:: Nah, but it sounds like that show To Catch a Predator. Why you asking?

:sitdown:: :sitdown:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
THE fukkERY IS BACK:blessed:

You remember a show called to catch a predator:sitdown:....well we're starting back again :ufdup:

What was on the agenda tonight :sitdown:

"Oohhhh nooo...CHRIS:damn:

These perverts fear Chris Hansen like Gotham criminals fear Batman. This muthafukka needs his OWN movie:banderas:
The last face you want to see in real life:

:sitdown:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they never get off are you kidding me...getting put on tv for this is worse than jail
No its not if you arent in jail you can do it again and not everyone watches tv sure some will know about it obviously.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
who cares, like 3 out of 27 convicted. who would never have been caught if not for the show

the judge threw out the case for no damn reason - the guy traveled 100 miles by bus, said they shouuld eat fruit off each other, hopped a fence with his shirt off. to have sex with a minor
You can run a sting without a tv show lol you looking real funny in the light right now.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
You can run a sting without a tv show lol you looking real funny in the light right now.

you feeling some kind of way cuz you're over there defending the pedo life

people get off raps all the time, the people who worked with Chris Hansen have over 500 convictions, Police don't run stings as effective as this. These guys lives are ruined because they are on t.v. YOu put them in jail and they get out and they get a pedo card and you may never know. These guys will always be on youtube.