TJ Maxx security employees will wear bodycams to deter theft/violence

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

T.J. Maxx's parent company wants to curb shoplifting with a police tactic: Body cameras​

June 6, 2024

TJX, the parent company of T.J. Maxx, HomeGoods and Marshalls, announced it is bringing out another watchdog to crackdown on theft.
The owner of the retail stores said that it will be adding body cameras to be worn by its employees in order to deter thieves.
A TJX spokesperson said in a statement to USA TODAY that the body cameras have already been used in various stores "over the past year".
Here’s what you need to know about TJX’s body cameras in its stores.

Who will wear the body cameras in the TJX stores?​

The TJX spokesperson explained that not every associate will be eligible to wear a body camera within its stores. However, their loss prevention associates who are trained to use the cameras will be the ones wearing them while in the store

Can anyone obtain the body camera footage?​

No, to get or view the video from the cameras you’d have to be a law enforcement officer or legal representative that is requesting a subpoena, the spokesperson said.

What is the company's main goal for the body camera addition?​

The spokesperson said the implementation of the body cameras is a way to promote a safer environment for shoppers as well as its associates. The retail stores hope that the body cameras will add another level of security, lessen crimes within its stores and prevent escalated incidents from occurring.

Crackdown on retail theft, shoplifting​

The push for more security comes as department stores like Target started adding more measures to stop retail theft. The department store's new “True Scan” will detect if barcodes aren’t scanned while a customer is in a self-checkout lane.

This addition was created nearly a month before a California woman was convicted of shoplifting $60,000 worth of merchandise from the store

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
When the world realizes you can find better quality clothes for less money on Amazon, stores like TJ Max will cease to exist. I never understood the appeal of places that carry overpriced mid.
TJ Maxx buys overstock from high quality brands though and sells it at an off price (lower)

I don’t get the usage of mid or overpriced

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
TJ Maxx buys overstock from high quality brands though and sells it at an off price (lower)

I’ve gone to TJ Max a couple of times in the past and the items weren’t the better of the quality brands. It was the stuff that didn’t sell because no one wanted it. That’s mid to me. If I can find the item online cheaper because no one wants it, that’s overpriced.

Ex.:

IMG-8390.png

IMG-8391.jpg

IMG-8392.jpg

Last edited:

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows

in theory this is true, but now days when I go into one they really don’t have much atleast for men. It ends up being similar to what’s in Burlington priced higher. Now back in the day that was way different. Could just be my luck of the draw. On the flip side I have found heavenly discounted toys that i have flipped more in the last few years than clothes.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Ain't no fukkin way I'd be wearing that. I ain't no security or law enforcement official. You're putting those employees lives in danger.

Wtf I'm supposed to do with that ??!?
They trying to spin this like they employee's are wearing them to prevent outside theft. but i think this is just a slick way for them to monitor the employees and prevent them from stealing.
Think about it, the whole body cam movement for cops was meant for their own accountability and for the public to have a greater sense of transparency with how the police operate. Not so cops could record civilians and deter them from committing crimes.
They don't want the employees to use this to catch criminals, they want the employees to know they on camera before they decide to take home some merchandise. The whole announcement is just a clever way to market it to them so they complain about being spied on 24/7 by their employer

Last edited: