Tips On How To Stop Spending Money Frivolously

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
U must live with your parents.

Not saying that to troll or anything, thats just how i was in highschool/college. Didn't really learn how to budget till i got my own apartment when i was 20.
that doesn't have to be true. i live on my own and don't really budget. i make more than enough to pay all my bills and have money left over to blow on dumb shyt.

basically i spend half of one check a month on living expenses and the other check and the other half are all free money to do as i please with.

i don't think you're forced to learn how to budget till you're forced to live tighter. i'm still very irresponsible with my money.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
If all your bills and liabilities are paid on time. Throw some money in savings and enjoy the rest.

Some of these dudes in here want you to become an antisocial loser like them.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If all your bills and liabilities are paid on time. Throw some money in savings and enjoy the rest.

Some of these dudes in here want you to become an antisocial loser like them.
if you wanna build actual wealth or get a good start on it being more anti-social is probably the easier way to do it. if you don't go out much and don't do much its easy to save money.

the main social activity that drains money to me is going out on dates. if you can just chill with a few close friends over people's cribs and have females invite you over or invite them over you'll save a ton.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze29EqWia6M"]Dave Ramsey, "Live Like No One Else" Money Makeover - 10/10 - YouTube[/ame]

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
I struggle with saving money.

Unlike most people I' cheap when it comes to

• Clothes - I dont care for nor do i even know most of these brands. I just find whats fits and K.I.M
  • Shoes - I buy shoes once a year(if that) have never gone over the $90 mark
  • Jewelry - I believe men should not wear jewelry period
  • Games - I own an xbox with 3 games only. Ive played that thing like once in the past 4 months

However I waste money in the following:

• Eating out - this is my achilles heel :noah:
  • Gadgets - i dont spend a lot but i still do quite a bit
  • Taking chicks out - I just dont like to stay home so whatever chick im dealing with we're bound to go out often. Sometimes they pick up the tab. Sometimes I do

My man, this sounds exactly like me.

If I have $150 on Monday, and I need a new pair of shoes (not want, but I haven't bought a pair of shoes in over a year or so), I'll be on some cheap shyt like, "Nah, I ain't trying to cop a pair of shoes costing $100 or whatever", but then I'll end up spending that $150 on little bullshyt throughout the week.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not even really worried about it now, I'm worried about how this is gonna be fukk me up later if I don't get a grasp on it now.

You're in the right frame of mind then. Time-value of money is an important concept that a lot of folks don't grasp at a young age. The result is that they end up broke later-on in life.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Stop buying takeout
Buy stuff in bulk Aka Costco
Call your phone company get a better rate

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
• Download
• Bootleg
• Pregame drinks
• Buy Mids not dro
• Sign up for a affilaite program for stuff you like doing, earn clothing, trips, or discount reward points
• Get a credit card with reward points and only use it for "bills" earn travel miles or $$
• Get a "main" girl
• If you can't do above, learn to self gratify
• Get the car you want BUT make sure its something that won't show its age in 2-3 years. That way you own it longer
• Rent over owning a home (no lawn care, maintenance costs), rent the space you require. Get a 1bed/2bed. No need to Buy that 4bedroom dream house when you dont have kids/wife etc
• Jewelry, get the bare minimum you like (I wear a dad ring on right hand, left hand is marriage band, one nice necklace/charm), if its quality gold, should last you a lifetime
• Dont buy condoms, pull out. Learn to control your body
• Meditate, exercise, timewasters that actually improve your life
• Don't give 10% to churches
• Avoid takeout, hopefully the "main" chick (above), lets you beat raw and pullout (above) and she can cook so you have leftovers for lunch

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Turn it into a game / challenge. Try to be as cheap as possible.

Don't carry any money or a debit / credit card on you. Might not be practical but it makes it almost physically impossible to spend money.Put your money in one of those accounts where you can't take it out without being penalized (don't know what they're called off the top of my head)

Spend other people's money :yeshrug:

i hate people who do that. dont do that if your a grown ass man. have some self control

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Track every penny you earn and spend. Get a phone app or some computer software to help. Do this for about 3 months and then carefully analyze your data. Once you get a better idea of your spending habits, you will be in better position to amend any problem areas.

Personally, I break my spending down into 4 basic categories: Living expenses, assets, liabilities and charity. Expenses are expenses but they should still be kept as low as possible. Once you start tracking your money you may find it easier to cut back on certain things when you realize the percentage of your income that goes to said thing. Limit your liabilities and unnecessary expenses and try to attain assets that will make your money increase.

Easier said then done but by tracking your money it will give you a visual on what you're spending on that could alter your life. More important than how much you make is how you spend it.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
• Download
• Bootleg
• Pregame drinks
• Buy Mids not dro
• Sign up for a affilaite program for stuff you like doing, earn clothing, trips, or discount reward points
• Get a credit card with reward points and only use it for "bills" earn travel miles or $$
• Get a "main" girl
• Get the car you want BUT make sure its something that won't show its age in 2-3 years. That way you own it longer
• Rent over owning a home (no lawn care, maintenance costs), rent the space you require. Get a 1bed/2bed. No need to Buy that 4bedroom dream house when you dont have kids/wife etc• Jewelry, get the bare minimum you like (I wear a dad ring on right hand, left hand is marriage band, one nice necklace/charm), if its quality gold, should last you a lifetime
• Avoid takeout, hopefully the "main" chick (above), lets you beat raw and pullout (above) and she can cook so you have leftovers for lunch

better to buy than rent right now, renting is throwing away money, buying is paying your own crib off and building equity, you also can get a nicer place when you are buying..when you factor in taxes,mortgage,hoa it comes out cheaper for the exact type of property since prices and interest rates are ridiculously low now. You can rent it after its paid off and have people pay you rent, its a no brainer if you have a little cash saved up to purchase.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
• Download
• Bootleg
• Pregame drinks
• Buy Mids not dro
• Get a "main" girl
• Rent over owning a home (no lawn care, maintenance costs), rent the space you require. Get a 1bed/2bed. No need to Buy that 4bedroom dream house when you dont have kids/wife etc
• Jewelry, get the bare minimum you like (I wear a dad ring on right hand, left hand is marriage band, one nice necklace/charm), if its quality gold, should last you a lifetime
brehhhh

dont buy condoms, dude, please buy condoms...get the condoms in bulk from amazon...if you really cant spend on condums, go to health clinic or a university clinic - most condoms there will be free...use a condom to protect from STD / new babies / etc - STD are expensive to cure and an unwanted baby can create additional monies...if both partners are clean, then dont use condoms and do pull out or sprays on her face :smile:

+ + + + + + +

as to tithes/churches/donation - do give...part of giving and donating is a tax write off...though when you can volunteer your time.

also if you really want to save, some churches have food programs, and you can get free food