Tips on high blood pressure? The bottom number is 3 digits which I've never had happen before

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
WzY9hiZO3RvV.jpg

I work out and I'm physically stronger than I've ever been

But I have been stressed and barely sleeping

My sister is 25 and she's slim and had a stroke, so it's not really just a flabbynsick thing. Not looking good for me

UPDATE: Blood pressure is good. More cardio and less salt/sugar. Down 30 lbs

Last edited:

Mafioso

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would say exercise but you got that already.

How’s your diet? You should have your cholesterol levels (LDL) in case they’re high. You may need to go on a statin to control cholesterol levels.

Also, if you’re a smoker, try to cut down. Smoking constrcits your blood vessels, making it hard for blood to flow through, which increases your BP.

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
I would say exercise but you got that already.

How’s your diet? You should have your cholesterol levels (LDL) in case they’re high. You may need to go on a statin to control cholesterol levels.
My diet isn't great

I thought that since I go to the gym a lot and lift heavy, I could eat whatever
:francis:

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
you need sleep broskie fukk a workout!

that bottom number is extremely important!!!!!!!

top can be a lot better too

do not get hard on yaself but you probably going on meds for sure

they not gone let you leave with a BP that high due to liability unless you sign some shyt

start making changes!

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Damn son! Lemme guess you take pre workout too?

Cleanup your diet, sleep better, and improve eating habits first and foremost and do more cardio and see a doctor

Edit: “the bottom number is three digits” :dead:
My guy your systolic (top number) is also 163 :damn:

Did you do any physical activity before this test? Your pulse is normal though. Unfortunately even if you do all this, some black people are predisposed to high blood pressure and need meds. You don’t want to have a stroke in your mid years and no kidney fxn

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Welcome to the club that nobody wants to join.

I'm 15% body fat and I'm a liable to score between 80-90 on my bottom number anytime I'm at the Drs office.

Go to urgent care and see if you can get blood pressure meds asap. Let your primary care physician sort out the rest later.

You gotta go low salt for about a month. Here's the kicker, it's everywhere in the states, even in ketchup.

You'll also have to do cardio, at 160/100 you'll have to stick with low intensity cardio and work your way up to more intense cardio.