Tinashe says "Black Community Doesn't Fully Accept" her

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
KEBWhfb.jpg

There are hundreds of [male] rappers that all look the same, that sound the same, but if you’re a black woman, you’re either Beyoncé or Rihanna. It’s very, very strange.

[There was Ciara, but] it felt like they almost had to sacrifice someone because there wasn’t enough room, which isn’t true. Ciara’s an amazing artist, Beyoncé’s an amazing artist, Rihanna’s an amazing artist, and they’re all very different!”

“There’s colourism involved in the black community, which is very apparent,” she says carefully. “It’s about trying to find a balance where I’m a mixed woman, and sometimes I feel like I don’t fully fit into the black community; they don’t fully accept me, even though I see myself as a black woman. That disconnect is confusing sometimes.”

Weigh In: Tinashe Says The Black Community ‘Doesn’t Fully Accept’ Her

Last edited:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
:russell: ole lame Azz self conscious piss colored girl trying to use her complexion as an excuse for why her career flopped

She so full of shyt...Tinashe has been worshipped like a GODDESS in this forum..

You couldn't say anything bad about her ..

I remember receiving a DEATH THREAT in my PM cause I told a poster her Music was subpar:picard:

The problem is HER...not the black community

Its not our fault she whored herself out for mainstream acceptance and Pop radio ain't feeling her...

She mad cause them crakkkers ain't admiring

Don't be mad TAZ ANGELS is hiring :troll:

Last edited:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
A couple of things. 1, her music is bland and predictable but so is a lot of other acts who are shoved down our throats 24/7.

She is right about it only being a lane for Beyonce' and Rihanna.

For some reason, in our community, there's only room for Beyonce and Rihanna and for the longest, it was just Beyonce' and to some extent, it still is just Beyonce, because while Rihanna has her lane, she still ain't on "Beyonce's" status.

I like Tinashe as far as her looks go, but her music is as bland as it gets. However, I don't see how her music can't be promoted and pushed more than a lot of these other artists who don't possess a 1 half of the amount of talent she does have as a singer and dancer.

Tinashe needs a better writing team and new direction in sound. Cause her music ain't got that 1-2 punch it needs to really knock people on their asses.

But I agree w/ her comment about it only being a "Beyonce' and Rihanna" thing. She's right.