Tim Duncan officially retires after 19 seasons with the Spurs.

Forlife44

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CnFxdAJUcAMvyD5.jpg

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Shoulda retired 5 years ago it's embarrassing to see a legend top 10 all time go out like this.

He won a championship two years ago and was still putting up the same per 36 numbers and being an excellent defender.

He kept the Spurs afloat in 2015 when Kawhi and Parker dealt with injuries. He was cooking Deandre Jordan last spring in the playoffs.

This past year he was playing well till his right knee got hurt which is his good knee.

Timmy is leaving at probably the best time. The Spurs have two legit stars and a whole bunch of draft stashes. He's marked a legacy not many in NBA history can match.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just text him to tell him thanks for everything

His response: thank your mr210 for reppin San Antonio and for being my biggest fan and supporter

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps
KG bytchass needs to retire too. Some of these old heads don't know when to let the game go. It's a got damn shame I had to watch Duncan struggle to jump for a rebound and Garnett playing like he got recruited from the d league :scust:

Minnesota was 10.3 points per 100 possessions better with KG on the floor compared to off the floor last year.

With him on the floor, they were actually outscoring teams by 5.6 points per 100 possessions.

The same goes for Timmy, the Spurs were 4.2 points per 100 poss better with him on the floor compared to off.

I know it's easy to hate on old guys that have taken a backseat and can't finish around the rim anymore but KG and Duncan are two excellent examples of great players being able to change how they play for the better of the team. Kobe was out there hurting his team cause he tried to play like his old self, Duncan and KG does not. They realize what they can / can't do and adjust. It might not look pretty at times, but their smarts and defensive impact makes them positive players for their teams. Not to mention their off court impact as leaders.

Salute Timmy for a great career.