TikTok is the hardest platform on which to separate the truth from fake news.

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
If other vendors are guilty of the same things tiktok is, why is dragging tiktok a zionist take?

I didn’t accuse Tik Tok of anything, I’m saying if it has anything to do with misinformation and breach of privacy we can have these conversations about the other platforms x100 before we can discuss anything TikTok is doing. I’m saying the focus on Tik Tok is pure hypocrisy and founded in zionism.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t accuse Tik Tok of anything, I’m saying if it has anything to do with misinformation and breach of privacy we can have these conversations about the other platforms x100 before we can discuss anything TikTok is doing. I’m saying the focus on Tik Tok is pure hypocrisy and founded in zionism.

The focus wasn't on Tiktok you moron.
The click bait thread title got you in your feelings and youre too childish to admit it so you're gonna double down on stupid.

:mjlol:

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
The focus wasn't on Tiktok you moron.
The click bait thread title got you in your feelings and youre too childish to admit it so you're gonna double down on stupid.

:mjlol:

The point still stands lol make a stupid headline and now bytch about the consequences

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Since they shut off the analog system.

The Internet = a grocier rag tabloid

News is not even obligated to be factually true.

Art Barr

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey

Tiktok is a easy target. Yes, there's alot of anti-Israel material on it, but the app is ran by an opp of the US. They launch cyber attacks and leak our personal info on a monthly basis. They're an active threat to our security. These nikkas even clapped the CIA network a while back and got nikkas kilt:russ:this shyt bigger than Israel and sm. Its anti-China more than b

I don't have tiktok and my feeds are filled with anti-Zionist media.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Facebook had a 20k reply thread calling Damon Wayans a pedo for being in a relationship with the oldest light skinned kid on “My Wife & Kids”

something that is nowhere near the truth had cats in a frenzy. And the thing about FB majority are actual users with profiles unlike those other SM platforms. So imo that make FB worse than anything

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Meanwhile Facebook is influencing elections :camby:
All platforms are being used to influence elections.

Did you ever read that report on the 2016 election? Facebook wasn’t the only site being used by foreign operatives

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection

I studied mass media and communication in undergrad. I used to think media and the format didn't effect people previously.

It doesn't effect EVERYONE, but it definitely effects A LOT of people. More people than we want to admit.

It's the medium itself that makes it the worst form of social media. Video is the most confirmation-biased aligned form of media.

What I'm saying is...all social media is crack. You smoke Facebook, IG, Twitter...TikTok goes straight into your veins.

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I studied mass media and communication in undergrad. I used to think media and the format didn't effect people previously.

It doesn't effect EVERYONE, but it definitely effects A LOT of people. More people than we want to admit.

I wonder how true that is.
In my gut I think social media is harmful everywhere but if certain countries really are weaponizing it...

:francis:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I wonder how true that is.
In my gut I think social media is harmful everywhere but if certain countries really are weaponizing it...

:francis:
All media is propaganda. We overuse this word without thought given to context. Every piece of media is meant to persuade because it's coming from the perspective of the producer. Even if it's an attempt to be unbiased, we're going by that producer's interpretation of what unbiased is. Even ass shaking videos are propaganda despite there not being an overt political message; it's communicating what's attractive to the general public which can be interpreted as propaganda. Which clearly we see the effect that this is having on adolescent women and up.

So consequently by the format that media is consumed and the algorithm used to queue up those pieces of biased media, it can take consumers down a rabbit hole of detrimental perception.

By no means am I saying we should be as censored or vanilla as China, but we've had 20 years worth of data to study. It's fukking up people's lives.

To paraphrase a south African fakkit who really has insidious motivation wrapped in thought provoking freedom of speech and expression, I think we do need more free speech and expression.

I think two simple changes could reconcile a lot of the damage being done; "autoplay" should be outlawed and timelines should be sequential. Users can build their own playlists, but autoplay needs to be barred. It compounds negative effects. At the very least, without autoplay users have to do their own searching and will organically run into media that challenges their ideas (think south African fakkit's "more speech" statement). We have to mitigate the algorithms effects as much as possible.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Heard his name before, but this is my first time hearing him
I have a few issues with tiktok, but until I see the full video not sure that I agree with what he's saying here

The "dumbing down" of our society here has been occurring and been documented for decades. Attaching
blame to any social media company for the current results of that decline is a reach. Absolving parents and educators.

And a white man saying the words "they send the opium version" about a Chinese company would be laughable.

I get and agree with your overall point about how susceptible people are to media signalling, but the downward trend here has been in effect for a long time.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Heard his name before, but this is my first time hearing him
I have a few issues with tiktok, but until I see the full video not sure that I agree with what he's saying here

The "dumbing down" of our society here has been occurring and been documented for decades. Attaching
blame to any social media company for the current results of that decline is a reach. Absolving parents and educators.

And a white man saying the words "they send the opium version" about a Chinese company would be laughable.

I get and agree with your overall point about how susceptible people are to media signalling, but the downward trend here has been in effect for a long time.
I think he is the foremost speaker on social media side effects. He definitely chose opium for it's historical significance and China's century of shame associated with it. I don't think he was signaling anything racist or even racial here. I actually think he believes in some senses we kinda deserve it.

We know China has some national indignation due to this and can very clearly see the impacts that foreign intervention had on their population's productivity and dysfunction.

I don't think he believes this is the start or will even be the end of the media's impact on people, but the effects are worsening because of the consolidation, automation, and compactization of the way we consume it.

Yeah, compactization isn't a word, but it's Friday afternoon and y'all know what I mean.