TikTok is the hardest platform on which to separate the truth from fake news.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
THIS

Do they not teach anything about vetting sources in school?
If they did, do you think a fukking idiot like Donald Trump would be a viable presidential candidate?

You ever watch old videos or documentaries?
Richard Nixon...as much of a scumbag as he was...looks like fukking Aristotle next to Trump or Ted Cruz or any of these Republican clowns.

:mjlol:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Meanwhile, libraries and PBS:

images

Daps
Meanwhile Facebook is influencing elections :camby:

And Facebook was forced by the US government to put guardrails in place to keep that from happening ever again. I know this from my past work in politics. It is way harder now to push political messages on FB than it used to be because of the guardrails that were put up.

Tik Tok is not an American company and to some extent they are not beholden to US laws. Which is why it needs to be banned.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
And Facebook was forced by the US government to put guardrails in place to keep that from happening ever again. I know this from my past work in politics. It is way harder now to push political messages on FB than it used to be because of the guardrails that were put up.

Tik Tok is not an American company and to some extent they are not beholden to US laws. Which is why it needs to be banned.
Yep. Ole girl I made a thread about who told me she was getting paid by outside sources to post Quanon shyt to black people, her posts started to get deleted around 2021.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
This is self-evident, but because people like the platform they find any criticism of it to be propaganda.

You seem to think I'm limiting my commentary to anti-zionist rhetoric. And if you actually read my post, I said that's the only reason they're getting rid of it.

The problem is, the actual medium itself doesn't require any kind of critical-thinking. It literally algorithmically feeds you video after video without having to even remotely give any input to what should logically follow next.

You sure can argue Facebook, IG, Twitter, and even YouTube if you count that as social media do that as well, and they do, but the platform is specifically made for endless short-form, sequential, rapid-fire, non-contextual, non-reasearched, non-peer reviewed, non-moderated propaganda. Facebook and Twitter, while they offer video aren't the primary ways to access the content on those platforms, and as a result you can read and/or respond to the information posted; in fact the platforms encourage it. TikTok and the like have commentary and divergent commentary as secondary and tertiary engagement.

Take for instance, this very website...there's a lot of garbage on here. However, and it's a big HOWEVER...you read, respond, and can disagree, and it's for EVERYONE to see. TikTok, not so much.

It's the medium itself that makes it the worst form of social media. Video is the most confirmation-biased aligned form of media.

What I'm saying is...all social media is crack. You smoke Facebook, IG, Twitter...TikTok goes straight into your veins.