Throwback: Terry Crews talks beating up his abusive father on Mike Tyson show

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I usually get personal on the coli and I've even wrote about my dad on here before, but we in a good space for the time being so Imma chill.

All's I got to say, and I feel entitled to being able to joke about this since I can relate, is damn how you manage to beat a nikka ass for hours without killing him? 2 minutes into my dad and I getting into it he was :dead:with my lil brother pulling me off him, I couldn't imagine what harm I'd cause with hours of uninterrupted ass whipping and I'm pretty sure Terry Crews been bigger than me pause all his life
Probably a mix of ass beating and talking. There were probably some long intermissions between ass whippings

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
He got molested as a kid too? If not then how does a grown, adult male get molested?

177 male college wrestlers and other student-athletes were sexually abused over a 20-year period at tOSU. Hundreds of male students were sexually abused over a 35-year period at UM too, including football and basketball players. Sexual abuse of adults happens all the time when there's a power imbalance, because male victims of sexual assault almost never report due to shame and negative public reactions from people like you.

Look up John Wayne Gacy. He had like 9 victims who survived or escaped, and the majority either didn't report or weren't believed when they did report. And this is a guy who was violently assaulting men and then burying him under his house.

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
177 male college wrestlers and other student-athletes were sexually abused over a 20-year period at tOSU. Hundreds of male students were sexually abused over a 35-year period at UM too, including football and basketball players. Sexual abuse of adults happens all the time when there's a power imbalance, because male victims of sexual assault almost never report due to shame and negative public reactions from people like you.

Look up John Wayne Gacy. He had like 9 victims who survived or escaped, and the majority either didn't report or weren't believed when they did report. And this is a guy who was violently assaulting men and then burying him under his house.

You enjoy when other men touch you huh?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You enjoy when other men touch you huh?

Quote the last thread you responded to where you didn't sound like a try-hard idiot troll. Aren't you supposedly a computer programmer or something for an major corporation? How would your colleagues and bosses feel about you posting like a incel edgelord?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That's fair I'm not criticizing Crews for not reporting it.

I'm just saying the whole "he would've been wrong to choose confrontation/violence" argument only serves to enable sex offenders. For people who believe this, what should Crews have done instead? Because doing nothing is unacceptable.

I think that reporting it is definitely the RIGHT thing to do in that situation. I think the way posters are responding to him not reporting it is one of the clearest evidence for why people don't do the "right" thing. We're still a Neanderthal society where admitting you were a victim of sexual abuse as a man is seen as more humiliating than actually committing sexual abuse as a man.

"I was victimized" Terry Crews is an internet joke who is constantly mocked, while "Grab 'em by the p*ssy" Donald Trump is running for his second term as president. And while plenty of people hate Trump, there's not a lot of overlap between the ones who question his manhood and the ones who question Terry Crews's manhood.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People don't make the same decisions as emotional teenagers than as logical adults, people don't make the same decisions around family in private than they do around outside authority figures in public, and people don't make the same decisions when they have years to vent and build up an issue as they do around one-time events that happen in the spur of the moment. Plus he didn't "brag" about beating up his father, he told it as a tramatic story of his childhood.

Are you suggesting that he should have crashed out and beat up the guy at the party? Because that more likely ends with him in jail than with the other guy in jail. Or are you just suggesting that he should have reported it? Because yeah, he should have, but the vast majority of people who are sexually assaulted by authority figures in their profession don't report, and I don't understand the obsession with victim-blaming that I see on these pages, unless the goal is to get every victim to shut up and ensure that nothing ever sees the light of day.

Wait, I didn't see this at first, your entire argument is literally "don't expose abusers". :why: :mjlol::snoop:
there is no reason for him to constantly talk about beating up his black dad

when his manhood was tested he failed

also he didn't even name the person who molested him out of fear - it was just a tactic to get some attention during the Me too movement

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Then once again terry crews is wrong (of course) because even when it happened to him his initial reaction wasn't just to "vigorously check him and maybe hem him up by his collar". Luckily his wife talked him down otherwise the white molester would have been a victim to a dangerous violent black man.
If defending yourself gets you jail time and / or public scrutiny then the whole world needs a vigorous check and to be hemmed up.

:francis:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Him beating up his dad and not beating up the old white deviant are two completely unrelated things at completely separate times in his life.

The only thing they have in common is that cacs and c00ns would've written him off just as quick as they do any black person once he got arrested for beating the hell out of the white guy. They wrote off r Kelly, Cosby, will Smith and Diddy, they wouldn't have given more of a shyt about terry crews than they did Johnathan majors they wouldve been like ":camby:he plays the thug and gangsta in all his movies, now he gets to go to jail with real thugs and gangsters, let's see how tough he is now. That's why they think we're always violent because the first thing we do is resort to violence. He beat up his dad, he beat up an old white man, he's a dangerous predator he needs to be out of the public."

So if a white man fondle your balls (physical assault)you ain't gone do nothing?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
there is no reason for him to constantly talk about beating up his black dad

when his manhood was tested he failed

also he didn't even name the person who molested him out of fear - it was just a tactic to get some attention during the Me too movement

He did too name him, not only that but he reported him to the police and sued him in civil court. :dahell:

It was Adam Venit. Crews reported it to the Los Angeles DA just two years after the incident happened, but the DA claimed it was only misdemeanor assault, not felony assault, so the statute of limitations had expired. So Crews took it to civil court and reached a settlement where Venit was forced to pay $375,000 in attorney's fees and step down from his position as head of the motion picture department at William Morris, while also writing a public "apology" (he admitted the incident but claimed it wasn't sexual). Venit doesn't even work in Hollywood anymore, he's out of the industry completely in large part due to Crews's accusations and now is at some investment firm.

Bizarre that you would blatantly lie in order to attack a sex abuse victim. :francis:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So if a white man fondle your balls (physical assault)you ain't gone do nothing?

Of the 400+ student-athletes who were sexually molested at Ohio State and Michigan, how many of them beat up their molester? They were bulked up athletes at their physical peak and it's not like men in their late teens/early 20s hold back from their impulses much, so why didn't they do it? Of the thousands of other men who are molested by authority figures in positions of power, how many ever beat up their molesters?

The vast, vast majority of male sex abuse victims don't do it, and nothing I've seen you post suggests to me that you'd be any different. That's not an insult, that's a suggestion that you get some understanding of what abuse looks like rather than just victim blaming.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sad thing is I bet a lot of black men that are around his age grew up with a lot of trauma from within their household and only now some are willing to come out about it.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Of the 400+ student-athletes who were sexually molested at Ohio State and Michigan, how many of them beat up their molester? They were bulked up athletes at their physical peak and it's not like men in their late teens/early 20s hold back from their impulses much, so why didn't they do it? Of the thousands of other men who are molested by authority figures in positions of power, how many ever beat up their molesters?

The vast, vast majority of male sex abuse victims don't do it, and nothing I've seen you post suggests to me that you'd be any different. That's not an insult, that's a suggestion that you get some understanding of what abuse looks like rather than just victim blaming.

If you don't have any self respect for yourself, you aren't gonna do anything. I agree on that point. And a majority of dudes don't got hands, so that adds to them not defending themselves. There is no other way to explain it. Be a victim and continue being a victim or stand up for yourself.

I'm not going to convince you what I'd do. I don't feel the need and it's a pointless endeavor to strangers on the internet.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He did too name him, not only that but he reported him to the police and sued him in civil court. :dahell:

It was Adam Venit. Crews reported it to the Los Angeles DA just two years after the incident happened, but the DA claimed it was only misdemeanor assault, not felony assault, so the statute of limitations had expired. So Crews took it to civil court and reached a settlement where Venit was forced to pay $375,000 in attorney's fees and step down from his position as head of the motion picture department at William Morris, while also writing a public "apology" (he admitted the incident but claimed it wasn't sexual). Venit doesn't even work in Hollywood anymore, he's out of the industry completely in large part due to Crews's accusations and now is at some investment firm.

Bizarre that you would blatantly lie in order to attack a sex abuse victim. :francis:
Trina Venit Adam Venit Guy Oseary and ...
Adam Venit Jack Black and Trina Venit attend Yahoo Sports presents A... |  FilmMagic | 131690903

terry really let Joe rogan's cousin have his way with him :picard: