Thread of Korean Piff (Series')

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I’m two episodes into squid games, saw parasite, train to busan and a couple other random Korean movies
Pretty much it’s all been good
Is it a case of the U.S market only getting the best of the best from Korea or is it something else making the content so good on avg?
I think maybe it’s the consistently good writing/story telling or the way the language kind of naturally emotes due to the cadence
Has this been discussed in here?

Yea Last Train to Busan, I saw the Devil, Parasite and Squid Game are all good. I'm open to all suggestions on violent crime, funny, good story and good looking asian who I normally would pass on cuz she got no ass but I never had an asian so I want to try like the rebel shorty in Squid game

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Yea Last Train to Busan, I saw the Devil, Parasite and Squid Game are all good. I'm open to all suggestions on violent crime, funny, good story and good looking asian who I normally would pass on cuz she got no ass but I never had an asian so I want to try like the rebel shorty in Squid game

watch Oldboy.

Edit: also re: Korean cinema—

The Man From Nowhere
Friend/Friend 2
Inside Man
Sympathy for Mr Vengance
Lady Vengance
The gangster, the cop, the devil
Drug Wars
Midnight Runners
Hit & Run Squad

for dramas go back a page and see my series dump.

Last edited:

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I think everyone has different interests. I'm all for espionage/spy stuff. But I also enjoy the romantic comedies/slice of life stuff.
IRIS (netflix)
City Hunter (dramacool)
Squid Game (netflix)
Dr Romantic 1/2 (dramacool/viki)
5A-D
A) Doctor Stranger (dramacool/viki)
B) The K2 (netflix)
C) It's Okay Not to Be Okay (Netflix)
D) Crash Landing On You (Netflix)

Honorable Mentions:
Start Up: Started off great, but after midway, fell off a bit on writing, still solid, 3.5/5 mics (Netflix)
Itaewon Class: Great casting/comeuppance story (Netflix)
Lovestruck In The City: Hilarious, 30 min episodes (Netflix)
Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha: Still airing, but enjoying it so far, it's hilarious and making a case to break my T10 list (Netflix)
Police University: Still airing, but good mystery/comedy/romance (Viki)
Taxi Driver: Real G shyt (Viki)
A Gentleman's Dignity: A hilarious coming of age series about 5 best friends in their late 30s/early 40s ( I can relate since I'm in my early 30s) (Viki)
Suits: The Korean version is G shyt. Jang Dong-Gun (Iris, A Gentleman's Dignity ) kills it as the Korean Harvey Spectre (Netflix)
Kill It: Child Assassin falls in love while plotting revenge (Viki)
Come and Hug Me: Psychopath Killer released from jail, goes back to psycho ways--Tries to get son to follow in his footsteps (Viki)
D.P.: Dude in army tracks down deserters (Netflix)
Descendants of The Sun: Dudes in the Army doing G shyt (Netflix)
Beyond Evil: G shyt (Netflix)
Signal: G shyt (Netflix)
Stove League: Ousted GM takes over struggling Pro Baseball team (Viki/Dramacool)
Healer: normal dude being a neighborhood hero (Viki/Dramacool)
Watcher: Cops doing G shyt (Viki/Dramacool)
Uncanny Counter: Kid becomes defender of people trying to cross to the afterlife (Netflix)
Vagabond: Big Espionage shyt (Netflix)

Ones I liked most may not
WWW: Search: Fictional Google vs. Yahoo battle, some romance/slice of life stuff (Viki)
Penthouse 1/2/3: Over the top dramatic shyt, also Ju Dan Tae is the GOAT K drama villain) (Viki)
Sky Castle: Similar to Penthouse, rich people problems (Viki/Dramacool)
Once Again: Family drama, normal family problems (Viki)
Fight For My Way: MMA fighter trying to make it to the big leagues, with a side of romance and shenanigans (Viki/Dramacool)
Wacko At Law (Taiwan): Genius lawyer with rare neurological disorder causes havoc in legal world (Viki)
My Roommate Is a Gumiho: 999 year old fox trying to become a human (Viki)
While You Were Sleeping: Rookie lawyer teams up with girl that can see events before they happen to prevent them from happening (Viki)
Sisyphus: Girl from the future travels back in time to stop nuclear holocaust (Netflix)
Last: Dude goes from being wealthy as fukk to broke, fights his way up the underground homeless fight club (Netflix)

Ones others ITT in this thread like but I didn't care for
Vincenzo: Korean lawyer turned consigliare for the italian mob, had a lot of potential IMO but they tried to make it something it shouldn't have been--comedy (Netflix)

Stuff I have in my queue but haven't started yet
Reply 1988 (Netflix)
Uncontrollably Fond (Viki)
Wok of Love (Viki)
The Devil Judge (Viki)
The Road: Tragedy of One (Viki)
Times (Viki)
Awaken (Viki)
The Gentleman of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop (Viki)
Rich Man, Poor Woman (Viki)
Welcome To Waikiki S2 (Viki)
Untouchable (Viki)

Should be enough to keep you occupied for a year lol.

Sites:

www.viki.com (free but w/ ads. Premium is $9.99/mo--May get some brownie points if you sub and start watching with the wife.)
Dramacool | Asian Drama, Movies and Shows English Sub Full HD (quality/subs may be wonky, but its free, no ads)

Hope this helps sir, welcome to the chaos :blessed:

QFNP for newcomers ITT :feedme:

Also adding Law School to my shyt list. But take it with a grain of salt since I’m a lawyer IRL.