Thread of Korean Piff (Series')

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Man is this the villain theme or something?:russ::russ::russ:

When buddy told his daughter "we havent done it in a while, you should spend some time with me" and then instead end up taking his SON in that back room:huhldup:

Whats happening in the back room breh???:damn::damn::damn::damn:

OPPA!!!! OPPA!!!:damn::damn::damn::damn:

:dead:

What the hell are you watching?

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
SO after making fun of my wife for 2 years......for watching all this Korean shyt all the time....
I just saw Squid game.
I need more piffery fellas :feedme:

shyt hits way different from Western joints.

Vincenzo (crime/comedy/drama)
Uncanny Counter (action/superhero drama)
Hot Stove League (sports/drama)
Mad for Each Other (romcom/drama/crime)

If you're into darker stuff, My Name (undercover cop drama) and Hellbound (thriller/monster/supernatural) is out next month on Netflix. I believe the remake for HBO's The Night of is also out next month

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
SO after making fun of my wife for 2 years......for watching all this Korean shyt all the time....
I just saw Squid game.
I need more piffery fellas :feedme:

shyt hits way different from Western joints.

I think everyone has different interests. I'm all for espionage/spy stuff. But I also enjoy the romantic comedies/slice of life stuff.
IRIS (netflix)
City Hunter (dramacool)
Squid Game (netflix)
Dr Romantic 1/2 (dramacool/viki)
5A-D
A) Doctor Stranger (dramacool/viki)
B) The K2 (netflix)
C) It's Okay Not to Be Okay (Netflix)
D) Crash Landing On You (Netflix)

Honorable Mentions:
Start Up: Started off great, but after midway, fell off a bit on writing, still solid, 3.5/5 mics (Netflix)
Itaewon Class: Great casting/comeuppance story (Netflix)
Lovestruck In The City: Hilarious, 30 min episodes (Netflix)
Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha: Still airing, but enjoying it so far, it's hilarious and making a case to break my T10 list (Netflix)
Police University: Still airing, but good mystery/comedy/romance (Viki)
Taxi Driver: Real G shyt (Viki)
A Gentleman's Dignity: A hilarious coming of age series about 5 best friends in their late 30s/early 40s ( I can relate since I'm in my early 30s) (Viki)
Suits: The Korean version is G shyt. Jang Dong-Gun (Iris, A Gentleman's Dignity ) kills it as the Korean Harvey Spectre (Netflix)
Kill It: Child Assassin falls in love while plotting revenge (Viki)
Come and Hug Me: Psychopath Killer released from jail, goes back to psycho ways--Tries to get son to follow in his footsteps (Viki)
D.P.: Dude in army tracks down deserters (Netflix)
Descendants of The Sun: Dudes in the Army doing G shyt (Netflix)
Beyond Evil: G shyt (Netflix)
Signal: G shyt (Netflix)
Stove League: Ousted GM takes over struggling Pro Baseball team (Viki/Dramacool)
Healer: normal dude being a neighborhood hero (Viki/Dramacool)
Watcher: Cops doing G shyt (Viki/Dramacool)
Uncanny Counter: Kid becomes defender of people trying to cross to the afterlife (Netflix)
Vagabond: Big Espionage shyt (Netflix)

Ones I liked most may not
WWW: Search: Fictional Google vs. Yahoo battle, some romance/slice of life stuff (Viki)
Penthouse 1/2/3: Over the top dramatic shyt, also Ju Dan Tae is the GOAT K drama villain) (Viki)
Sky Castle: Similar to Penthouse, rich people problems (Viki/Dramacool)
Once Again: Family drama, normal family problems (Viki)
Fight For My Way: MMA fighter trying to make it to the big leagues, with a side of romance and shenanigans (Viki/Dramacool)
Wacko At Law (Taiwan): Genius lawyer with rare neurological disorder causes havoc in legal world (Viki)
My Roommate Is a Gumiho: 999 year old fox trying to become a human (Viki)
While You Were Sleeping: Rookie lawyer teams up with girl that can see events before they happen to prevent them from happening (Viki)
Sisyphus: Girl from the future travels back in time to stop nuclear holocaust (Netflix)
Last: Dude goes from being wealthy as fukk to broke, fights his way up the underground homeless fight club (Netflix)

Ones others ITT in this thread like but I didn't care for
Vincenzo: Korean lawyer turned consigliare for the italian mob, had a lot of potential IMO but they tried to make it something it shouldn't have been--comedy (Netflix)

Stuff I have in my queue but haven't started yet
Reply 1988 (Netflix)
Uncontrollably Fond (Viki)
Wok of Love (Viki)
The Devil Judge (Viki)
The Road: Tragedy of One (Viki)
Times (Viki)
Awaken (Viki)
The Gentleman of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop (Viki)
Rich Man, Poor Woman (Viki)
Welcome To Waikiki S2 (Viki)
Untouchable (Viki)

Should be enough to keep you occupied for a year lol.

Sites:

www.viki.com (free but w/ ads. Premium is $9.99/mo--May get some brownie points if you sub and start watching with the wife.)
Dramacool | Asian Drama, Movies and Shows English Sub Full HD (quality/subs may be wonky, but its free, no ads)

Hope this helps sir, welcome to the chaos :blessed:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
For anyone coming from Squid Game, make not of the fact that most series are 16 episodes. With that comes the writers finishing the show often by episode 12-14 and having to make things up for the last few episodes.

I know that's how some felt about Law School, characterization held it together in my opinion.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
For anyone coming from Squid Game, make not of the fact that most series are 16 episodes. With that comes the writers finishing the show often by episode 12-14 and having to make things up for the last few episodes.

I know that's how some felt about Law School, characterization held it together in my opinion.

That’s the other show I haven’t finished…. Too distracted with so many shows

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think everyone has different interests. I'm all for espionage/spy stuff. But I also enjoy the romantic comedies/slice of life stuff.
IRIS (netflix)
City Hunter (dramacool)
Squid Game (netflix)
Dr Romantic 1/2 (dramacool/viki)
5A-D
A) Doctor Stranger (dramacool/viki)
B) The K2 (netflix)
C) It's Okay Not to Be Okay (Netflix)
D) Crash Landing On You (Netflix)

Honorable Mentions:
Start Up: Started off great, but after midway, fell off a bit on writing, still solid, 3.5/5 mics (Netflix)
Itaewon Class: Great casting/comeuppance story (Netflix)
Lovestruck In The City: Hilarious, 30 min episodes (Netflix)
Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha: Still airing, but enjoying it so far, it's hilarious and making a case to break my T10 list (Netflix)
Police University: Still airing, but good mystery/comedy/romance (Viki)
Taxi Driver: Real G shyt (Viki)
A Gentleman's Dignity: A hilarious coming of age series about 5 best friends in their late 30s/early 40s ( I can relate since I'm in my early 30s) (Viki)
Suits: The Korean version is G shyt. Jang Dong-Gun (Iris, A Gentleman's Dignity ) kills it as the Korean Harvey Spectre (Netflix)
Kill It: Child Assassin falls in love while plotting revenge (Viki)
Come and Hug Me: Psychopath Killer released from jail, goes back to psycho ways--Tries to get son to follow in his footsteps (Viki)
D.P.: Dude in army tracks down deserters (Netflix)
Descendants of The Sun: Dudes in the Army doing G shyt (Netflix)
Beyond Evil: G shyt (Netflix)
Signal: G shyt (Netflix)
Stove League: Ousted GM takes over struggling Pro Baseball team (Viki/Dramacool)
Healer: normal dude being a neighborhood hero (Viki/Dramacool)
Watcher: Cops doing G shyt (Viki/Dramacool)
Uncanny Counter: Kid becomes defender of people trying to cross to the afterlife (Netflix)
Vagabond: Big Espionage shyt (Netflix)

Ones I liked most may not
WWW: Search: Fictional Google vs. Yahoo battle, some romance/slice of life stuff (Viki)
Penthouse 1/2/3: Over the top dramatic shyt, also Ju Dan Tae is the GOAT K drama villain) (Viki)
Sky Castle: Similar to Penthouse, rich people problems (Viki/Dramacool)
Once Again: Family drama, normal family problems (Viki)
Fight For My Way: MMA fighter trying to make it to the big leagues, with a side of romance and shenanigans (Viki/Dramacool)
Wacko At Law (Taiwan): Genius lawyer with rare neurological disorder causes havoc in legal world (Viki)
My Roommate Is a Gumiho: 999 year old fox trying to become a human (Viki)
While You Were Sleeping: Rookie lawyer teams up with girl that can see events before they happen to prevent them from happening (Viki)
Sisyphus: Girl from the future travels back in time to stop nuclear holocaust (Netflix)
Last: Dude goes from being wealthy as fukk to broke, fights his way up the underground homeless fight club (Netflix)

Ones others ITT in this thread like but I didn't care for
Vincenzo: Korean lawyer turned consigliare for the italian mob, had a lot of potential IMO but they tried to make it something it shouldn't have been--comedy (Netflix)

Stuff I have in my queue but haven't started yet
Reply 1988 (Netflix)
Uncontrollably Fond (Viki)
Wok of Love (Viki)
The Devil Judge (Viki)
The Road: Tragedy of One (Viki)
Times (Viki)
Awaken (Viki)
The Gentleman of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop (Viki)
Rich Man, Poor Woman (Viki)
Welcome To Waikiki S2 (Viki)
Untouchable (Viki)

Should be enough to keep you occupied for a year lol.

Sites:

www.viki.com (free but w/ ads. Premium is $9.99/mo--May get some brownie points if you sub and start watching with the wife.)
Dramacool | Asian Drama, Movies and Shows English Sub Full HD (quality/subs may be wonky, but its free, no ads)

Hope this helps sir, welcome to the chaos :blessed:

Repped.
My man came through.
Challenge accepted.

:salute:

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Also a few of the ~iconic~ series nearly every K drama stan has seen at some point:

Rooftop Prince
Boys Over Flowers
Goblin
What's Wrong With Secretary Kim
My Mister
Kill Me, Heal Me

Also totally forgot Hospital Playlist--It's excellent. Season 2 just wrapped up. So it's all available to binge on Netflix.

You'll probably find actors/actresses you like as you progress and may find yourself curious to see what else they've been in. That's how I went down this rabbit hole.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
That’s the other show I haven’t finished…. Too distracted with so many shows

You can watch up to episode 6 if you're not a lawyer...

:mjlol:

I've got quite the list as well. Gonna need more heartbreaking shows to watch, everything else is uncivilized.

:hhh:

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
You can watch up to episode 6 if you're not a lawyer...

:mjlol:

I've got quite the list as well. Gonna need more heartbreaking shows to watch, everything else is uncivilized.

:hhh:

That was the problem for me LOL. I'm a lawyer :mjlol: so take my opinion with a grain of salt. The cast was fantastic but I thought the characters developed pretty poorly.