Thread of Korean Piff (Series')

Chaval

Pro
Daps
I wanna add The Crowned Clown on Netflix , came out in 2019 , it’s a really good Josean era drama with mad twists and turns and it’s throw a big curveball in the twin trope where it does thing u don’t expect when it comes to the twin brothers separated at birth while one is in a significant position of power and the other twin is poor and doesn’t do shyt with their lives .if u like thrillers and don’t mind watching a show that takes place in old times where there are kings and emperors I highly recommend this one .16 episodes , 1 hour and 15 minutes per episodes

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Coming off of My Mister I had a hard time finding a quality show that hit on all levels and didn't meander. Tried out Something in a the Rain, It's Okay to not be Okay, Beyond Evil (finished) and they were mediocre for the time investment until I found Mother.

Go into it blind brehs, I'm not posting the trailer. But this has taken My Mister's crown as my favorite drama and the best one objectively from other aspects.

Just watch it, I wouldn't mislead you.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Coming off of My Mister I had a hard time finding a quality show that hit on all levels and didn't meander. Tried out Something in a the Rain, It's Okay to not be Okay, Beyond Evil (finished) and they were mediocre for the time investment until I found Mother.

Go into it blind brehs, I'm not posting the trailer. But this has taken My Mister's crown as my favorite drama and the best one objectively from other aspects.

Just watch it, I wouldn't mislead you.

I enjoyed My Mister a lot & it’s officially top 5 for me & a certified K-LASSIC, days after I finished I found myself just thinking about the show :wow:

bfTxq.gif

my-mister-iu.gif

This scene nearly made me shed a tear, b :mjcry:

Beautiful show.

I'll add Mother to my list if it's on Netflix

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I enjoyed My Mister a lot & it’s officially top 5 for me & a certified K-LASSIC, days after I finished I found myself just thinking about the show :wow:

bfTxq.gif

my-mister-iu.gif

This scene nearly made me shed a tear, b :mjcry:

Beautiful show.

I'll add Mother to my list if it's on Netflix

Yeah My Mister has all of the makings for a classic show. Only parts it faltered to me was the brothers early on and the monk storyline.

Mother is not on Netflix, Dramacool and hook your laptop to your TV. Sit back with the show and take it all in. I'm gonna re-watch it and take some notes this time around. The pacing is really good so it won't take forever to start rolling.

Otherwise I'm watching ただ離婚してないだけ and the last episode caught me off guard. Have to catch up to the 2 episodes since then

:wow:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
This just reminded me of something while watching God's Gift, the soundtrack and comedic sound effects.

I first started watching these Asian dramas at a Vietnamese friend's house and the quirky, happy sound effects always bothered me. Especially when a show is supposed to have a serious tone and themes.

Picture an intense moment in Stranger and then the sound guys throws an assortment of these into the scene:

This takes me out of the show immediately. Not to mention the director and editor being on two different pages with how a story should shift from melancholy and despair to happy go lucky scenes.

:scust:

This is very common in shows from 2017 and earlier from what I've seen.