Thread of Korean Piff (Series')

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let me get that rep, PLEASE:damn:

LOL...... I’m literally starting a new one right at this moment.

“A Man Called GOD” keeps poppin up in my suggestions so I’m like “fukk it”

Literally 4 mins in E1, and we got NINJAS:wow:

@KingDanz We may have another banger!!:mjgrin:
let me finish this vagabond fukkery first :russ:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Sometimes you gotta go through the pain of a trash series to find some real gems.

It only happened to me a couple of times but sometimes these shows trick you for several episodes thinking you watching piff. It took like 12 episodes for me to dump Possessed :dead:

High School Nurse Files was another waste of time. It was only 6 episodes but that shyt had me :dwillhuh: all the way to the end. Big budget fx for a zany as fukk plot.

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
It only happened to me a couple of times but sometimes these shows trick you for several episodes thinking you watching piff. It took like 12 episodes for me to dump Possessed :dead:

High School Nurse Files was another waste of time. It was only 6 episodes but that shyt had me :dwillhuh: all the way to the end. Big budget fx for a zany as fukk plot.

i got 3 eps into Rugal and dipped. Watched because the main lead id seen in other series and liked a lot. But it was a no from me.

same for My Mister. Got to the second episode and was like....:francis:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Sometimes you gotta go through the pain of a trash series to find some real gems.

Yes I moved on to this new show that has a ensemble from different shows we’ve watched.

The lead guy from Bad Guys (who played the memory lost pyscho)

The main antagonist from Rugal

Some guy from Possessed

And the swarmy bad guy captain from Vagabond

And the evil captain guy from Signal

So far not too bad, just feels weird seeing all these guys together in different roles

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
So I’m like 3 eps completed into Man to Man.

This show is entertaining, it’s quirky and funnier than I imagine. The characters are likeable.

And it feels like it covers a lot of ground story wise.

Im about to start ep 4 and it feels like I’ve watched about 7 eps but in a pleasant way

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
:picard:

Pretty dope flick though...Koreans are still making this story line fresh if they’ve done it numerous times

man.... not only that..... I can’t believe I’m saying this but their acting is better. In some cases their storytelling.

For years I saw that US show Frequency, about the girl who contacted or connected with her dead father from the past via a radio. But ignored it.

Then a few weeks back as we know I watched Signal, with pretty much the same plot of a cop taking to another cop in the past via a radio.

And the Korean version is far superior than the US. Not even close.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
man.... not only that..... I can’t believe I’m saying this but their acting is better. In some cases their storytelling.

For years I saw that US show Frequency, about the girl who contacted or connected with her dead father from the past via a radio. But ignored it.

Then a few weeks back as we know I watched Signal, with pretty much the same plot of a cop taking to another cop in the past via a radio.

And the Korean version is far superior than the US. Not even close.

The 2000 movie with Dennis Quaid and Jim Caviezel was the first of that kind of plot I think, I thought it was aight. I don't know if Signal was inspired by it but I prefer the handicaps the kdrama presented. In the movie, they could only talk on a stationary radio during the aurora borealis but the character in the present would retain the memories of both timelines if his pops changed anything in the past.

In Signal the radio while portable seemed to work randomly, so the mains were fukked if they missed a call and the guy in the present didn't get any benefits of remembering events of the new timeline. Made the ending a bit more sad for me because
Jae-han went through the trouble of making Hae-young's childhood easier by keeping his parents together but Hae-young doesn't even get the memories of it. :mjcry:

But yeah, Koreans are beast mode on these remakes.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
The 2000 movie with Dennis Quaid and Jim Caviezel was the first of that kind of plot I think, I thought it was aight. I don't know if Signal was inspired by it but I prefer the handicaps the kdrama presented. In the movie, they could only talk on a stationary radio during the aurora borealis but the character in the present would retain the memories of both timelines if his pops changed anything in the past.

In Signal the radio while portable seemed to work randomly, so the mains were fukked if they missed a call and the guy in the present didn't get any benefits of remembering events of the new timeline. Made the ending a bit more sad for me because
Jae-han went through the trouble of making Hae-young's childhood easier by keeping his parents together but Hae-young doesn't even get the memories of it. :mjcry:

But yeah, Koreans are beast mode on these remakes.

Wait there’s an American movie with this same concept?:mindblown:

Ok that is news to me. I may have to check it out to see the differences you spoke of.

I just new the show, which I watched like 3 eps if and then stopped

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

Ok that is news to me. I may have to check it out to see the differences you spoke of.

Frequency (the U.S. movie version from the early 2000's) was a surprisingly good movie. You'd enjoy it it but not as much as SIgnal

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Yeah, the show was based on the movie with a few changes. In the movie, the father was a firefighter and he has a son. I never gave the show a shot because it was on The CW. I was only watching The 100. Anything else had to be heavily cosigned by coli brehs or friends :mjgrin:

There's a Chinese and Japanese version of Signal btw. And I think I read somewhere Russia was about to make one. :russ: