Thread of Korean Piff (Series')

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Had to look that up and laughed my head off when I saw it was only around $2,500. :dead: I'm thinking English subs should start converting money.

:russ:

You'd have Americans turning the TV off during squid game.

All of this for 38 million?

:stopitslime:

Lemme go play powerball and take my ass home

:mjlol:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Dr.Brain is nonsensical but it's a good watch. Not a fan of the open ending though

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I'll need more than that preview to convince me.

Should have listened to myself...

Silent Sea has to be one of the worst shows I've watched since I've started K-Dramas. A cast so boring, lacking command of scenes and D U M B.

I see the Black Panther CGI crew found another job here. Special effects were pathetic. Other than the set design, the whole world felt empty, much like the story.

Let me not even get into the science behind this.

"Its water. It has a different molecular structure but its water."

:snoop:

Who was this written by

:mindblown:

I've talked about series being dragged out for 16 episodes but this really should have been a movie at best. They're starting to phone in performances, character development and story while maintaining the visual allure.

:trash:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Should have listened to myself...

Silent Sea has to be one of the worst shows I've watched since I've started K-Dramas. A cast so boring, lacking command of scenes and D U M B.

I see the Black Panther CGI crew found another job here. Special effects were pathetic. Other than the set design, the whole world felt empty, much like the story.

Let me not even get into the science behind this.

"Its water. It has a different molecular structure but its water."

:snoop:

Who was this written by

:mindblown:

I've talked about series being dragged out for 16 episodes but this really should have been a movie at best. They're starting to phone in performances, character development and story while maintaining the visual allure.

:trash:

Damn that bad? Was about to start it up :francis:

On another note, anyone watch Uncle with Oh Jung-Se? It's been great so far, reminds me a lot of About a Boy with Hugh Grant. Glad Oh Jung-Se got a chance to lead a show after he was wasted in Jirisan (which was a huge waste of time btw)

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Damn that bad? Was about to start it up :francis:

On another note, anyone watch Uncle with Oh Jung-Se? It's been great so far, reminds me a lot of About a Boy with Hugh Grant. Glad Oh Jung-Se got a chance to lead a show after he was wasted in Jirisan (which was a huge waste of time btw)

It was a very jarring show. One aspect I didn't speak on was the tonality of the show, they couldn't decide whether it was to be a horror or standard sci-fi exploration. When the supernatural elements come in

:hubie:

Characters supposedly being educated but are all dumb. I can't stress this part enough.

You can try the first episode but it doesn't really go up from there, very middling with some deep lows.

Just remembered,

All of the water on earth is gone but the earth still looks the same from space...

We've had resources since the 1930s to create rain...

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Started another J-Drama called Life. This is the most hilarious show I've ever seen. They decided to throw all types of background music and sound effects into every scene. The tonal shifts are insane because they were having too much fun in the production room.

It should really be a serious drama but all of the bad tropes from Japanese media is in here.

:francis:

Strange that a show like this came out during 2007 when a classic like 1 Litre of Tears dropped. Still, it was a good show, could easily be better than what it was if they cut the camera cuts and sound effects.

Bullying was A1 in this show. A1!

The fact that suicide can be shown all willy-nilly is wild to me. Then I read about controversy from a show like Ashyta ga mama inai. I understand but it is very jarring.