Thread of Korean Piff (Series')

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally got around to finishing Alice in Borderland. Sucks it was only 8 episodes but luckily another season is coming. Didn't see a few of the plot twists but some didn't surprise me. I look forward to the next season. I seen this and squid game. Any other recommendations in the Korean genre?
Animal World is great, it's like Alice and it's on Netflix.
What did you like better, squid game or Alice?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Animal World is great, it's like Alice and it's on Netflix.
What did you like better, squid game or Alice?
i feel like alice was a bit better cuz it had more variety and had more possibilities as far as where they can take the series. squid had better character development but the setting was limited to that one area unlike alice with all of tokyo. Squid game did make you care about the characters more. Alice is definitely a sleeper pick that many would enjoy if they just watched squid game. if there is a next season of squid game, we kinda know where its going but there really isn't one for alice so thats why the suspense makes it better. both should be great and improve on their next season.

I'll go ahead and add it to my list. just started watching lost in space new season, of course thats not korean. but I'll have to squeeze it in somewhere. got so many things to watch and thats not including the other streamers.

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Finally got around to finishing Alice in Borderland. Sucks it was only 8 episodes but luckily another season is coming. Didn't see a few of the plot twists but some didn't surprise me. I look forward to the next season. I seen this and squid game. Any other recommendations in the Korean genre?

I think everyone has different interests. I'm all for espionage/spy stuff. But I also enjoy the romantic comedies/slice of life stuff.
IRIS (netflix)
City Hunter (dramacool)
Squid Game (netflix)
Dr Romantic 1/2 (dramacool/viki)
5A-D
A) Doctor Stranger (dramacool/viki)
B) The K2 (netflix)
C) It's Okay Not to Be Okay (Netflix)
D) Crash Landing On You (Netflix)

Honorable Mentions:
Start Up: Started off great, but after midway, fell off a bit on writing, still solid, 3.5/5 mics (Netflix)
Itaewon Class: Great casting/comeuppance story (Netflix)
Police Academy: shenanigans of a guy going through police school and his friends (Viki)
Lovestruck In The City: Hilarious, 30 min episodes (Netflix)
Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha: Still airing, but enjoying it so far, it's hilarious and making a case to break my T10 list (Netflix)
Police University: Still airing, but good mystery/comedy/romance (Viki)
Taxi Driver: Real G shyt (Viki)
A Gentleman's Dignity: A hilarious coming of age series about 5 best friends in their late 30s/early 40s ( I can relate since I'm in my early 30s) (Viki)
Suits: The Korean version is G shyt. Jang Dong-Gun (Iris, A Gentleman's Dignity ) kills it as the Korean Harvey Spectre (Netflix)
Kill It: Child Assassin falls in love while plotting revenge (Viki)
My Name: assassin comes back for revenge (Netflix)
Hometown Cha Cha Cha: romantic seaside love story (Netflix)
Come and Hug Me: Psychopath Killer released from jail, goes back to psycho ways--Tries to get son to follow in his footsteps (Viki)
D.P.: Dude in army tracks down deserters (Netflix)
Descendants of The Sun: Dudes in the Army doing G shyt (Netflix)
Beyond Evil: G shyt (Netflix)
Signal: G shyt (Netflix)
Stove League: Ousted GM takes over struggling Pro Baseball team (Viki/Dramacool)
Healer: normal dude being a neighborhood hero (Viki/Dramacool)
Watcher: Cops doing G shyt (Viki/Dramacool)
Uncanny Counter: Kid becomes defender of people trying to cross to the afterlife (Netflix)
Vagabond: Big Espionage shyt (Netflix)

Ones I liked most may not
WWW: Search: Fictional Google vs. Yahoo battle, some romance/slice of life stuff (Viki)
Penthouse 1/2/3: Over the top dramatic shyt, also Ju Dan Tae is the GOAT K drama villain) (Viki)
Sky Castle: Similar to Penthouse, rich people problems (Viki/Dramacool)
Once Again: Family drama, normal family problems (Viki)
Fight For My Way: MMA fighter trying to make it to the big leagues, with a side of romance and shenanigans (Viki/Dramacool)
Wacko At Law (Taiwan): Genius lawyer with rare neurological disorder causes havoc in legal world (Viki)
My Roommate Is a Gumiho: 999 year old fox trying to become a human (Viki)
While You Were Sleeping: Rookie lawyer teams up with girl that can see events before they happen to prevent them from happening (Viki)
Sisyphus: Girl from the future travels back in time to stop nuclear holocaust (Netflix)
Last: Dude goes from being wealthy as fukk to broke, fights his way up the underground homeless fight club (Netflix)

Ones others ITT in this thread like but I didn't care for
Vincenzo: Korean lawyer turned consigliare for the italian mob, had a lot of potential IMO but they tried to make it something it shouldn't have been--comedy (Netflix)

Law School: just doodie. Character development is awful. (Netflix)

Stuff I have in my queue but haven't started yet
Reply 1988 (Netflix)
Uncontrollably Fond (Viki)
Wok of Love (Viki)
The Devil Judge (Viki)
The Road: Tragedy of One (Viki)
Times (Viki)
Awaken (Viki)
The Gentleman of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop (Viki)
Rich Man, Poor Woman (Viki)
Welcome To Waikiki S2 (Viki)
Untouchable (Viki)

Should be enough to keep you occupied for a year lol.

Sites:

www.viki.com (free but w/ ads. Premium is $9.99/mo--May get some brownie points if you sub and start watching with the wife.)
Dramacool | Asian Drama, Movies and Shows English Sub Full HD (quality/subs may be wonky, but its free, no ads)

Hope this helps sir, welcome to the chaos :blessed:

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Anybody started One Ordinary Day yet? The remake of Criminal Justice/Night Of...

It's got very good reviews.

I think that or Taxi Driver is next for me...

Finished Jirisan too...started off strong but fell flat midway through, did have some exceptional episodes at times though.

3.25 Mics.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Yo what’s with that ….

Yo what’s with that fukking plot armor in the last episode? Theses dudes were moving like fat Zion to the baby. The mom was moving like ‘08 Micheal Vick.

but when it was time for the podcaster they were moving like Thanos in Infinity War

that shyt pissed me off

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Anybody started One Ordinary Day yet? The remake of Criminal Justice/Night Of...

It's got very good reviews.

I think that or Taxi Driver is next for me...

Finished Jirisan too...started off strong but fell flat midway through, did have some exceptional episodes at times though.

3.25 Mics.
Taxi Driver is 4/5 mics.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
One Ordinary Day is cool, i don't think it's good as Night Of as of yet but few episodes left & i can remember the Night Of getting a bit stupid towards the end but HBO version seemed to be much deeper with the main character (like how the murder case ruined relationship with his family)...it's not shown on the Korean remake.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Have y’all seen the flick Silenced? :picard:

Based on real shyt & might be 1 of the most disturbing joints I’ve seen.

School teachers raping kid deaf students :picard:

:scust:

I would never.

After watching Han Gong Ju I'm good on the rape stories.