Thoughts on America's Cold Civil War

Daps
Definitely pro war, don't know about anti Palestinian or pro capitalism tho. Depending on where you sit you probably view coverage of those last two differently.

But do you think media coverage of liberals is the same as conservatives?

I don't think it PURELY left, but still left...

As true as that was, how do they vote today? Look at DC, MD, and VA. They vote for the mainstream left party. Dems.

Hollywood isn't in the policy making business, but it's left. Even if it doesn't pass your rather high bar.

Big tech isn't Congress, of course it's not policy. But it is left in it politics, on the whole. You're a purist. Or determined to be an underdog.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/02/tech-billionaire-2020-election-donations-final-tally.html

This leftist underdog, us against the world, there are no real leftists worldview is a surefire way to keep pushing but it's not reality.

And I'm not saying the US is left compared to Europe. I'm saying by and large it's left compared to how it was.
This man hand waived the largest social media site on earth knowingly and actively pushing right wing hate speech. Democrats aren’t left, it’s not even a high bar. You hogs are something else, the Overton window has been pushed so insanely far to the right that people think the democrats are left.

The party that actively tried to get millions of people evicted from their homes by ignoring the issue until a real leftist led a sit in protest in Washington is fukking left?

The party that gives corporations full authority to fukk their labor force is left.

The party that called for MORE police funding during elections is left

The party that openly and happily funds genocide in Palestine and a Yemen is left.

FOH Dude

Do you even remotely understand what leftism is other than what nut jobs on Fox News tells you?

Last edited:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Definitely pro war, don't know about anti Palestinian or pro capitalism tho. Depending on where you sit you probably view coverage of those last two differently.

But do you think media coverage of liberals is the same as conservatives?

I don't think it PURELY left, but still left...

As true as that was, how do they vote today? Look at DC, MD, and VA. They vote for the mainstream left party. Dems.

Hollywood isn't in the policy making business, but it's left. Even if it doesn't pass your rather high bar.

Big tech isn't Congress, of course it's not policy. But it is left in it politics, on the whole. You're a purist. Or determined to be an underdog.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/02/tech-billionaire-2020-election-donations-final-tally.html

This leftist underdog, us against the world, there are no real leftists worldview is a surefire way to keep pushing but it's not reality.

And I'm not saying the US is left compared to Europe. I'm saying by and large it's left compared to how it was.
our ideas of what is left are probably not the same. your rhetoric is kinda shallow and inaccurate, and i dont think this is going to go anywhere constructive

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
our ideas of what is left are probably not the same... and i dont think this is going to go anywhere constructive

I agree with this and so much more...

...we disagree on these big things—which will necessarily manifest in every political issue, large or small—what strong force could possibly re-unite us? Or, to ask a question that’s perhaps more pertinent—maybe not today or tomorrow, but soon: what force could keep us from coming apart?

The right and the left are just that different.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
https://theweek.com/politics/1005700/the-impractical-but-plausible-fantasy-of-a-national-divorce

Citing irreconcilable differences, many commentators on both sides of the red-blue divide have begun channeling country singer Tammy Wynette and contemplating a national divorce. The sentiment appears strongest on the right. Claremont Institute fellow David Reaboi warns of a future in which "the crisis and contempt between Americans builds beyond what is currently imaginable," leaving only pragmatic considerations about who gets the nukes, and "appeals to Boomer Patriotism" as the only basis for national unity.

Others think pop artist Neil Sedaka is closer to the mark than Wynette: Breaking up is hard to do. Much of this discussion can be dismissed as quasi-Civil War cosplay by the Very Online. But we are genuinely two decades into a period of intense political polarization, combined with increasing moral certitude on both sides and profound disagreements over values and basic facts about the nation's history, religion, the nature of biological sex, even the winner of last year's presidential election.

In a country where people follow their senators into restrooms and disown family members over political differences (or at least need to read essays about how to talk to them every Thanksgiving), it is easy to see why people doubt whether the center can hold. Yet the nation's federal constitutional system is set up to maximize the ability of people with different views to live together.

That is, until progressives decide that institutions like the Senate should be scrapped as undemocratic, letting massive changes be implemented by razor-thin margins, or right-populists begin to see a federal government that barely got Donald Trump elected to run for a single term as the only institution capable of defending conservative values. The things that made the American system capable of accommodating true diversity are under assault by the forces of one-size-fits-all rule just when we need them the most.

Some might conclude the desire for a federal government strong enough to guarantee liberal abortion policies in red states or ban transgender bathrooms in blue ones makes national divorce inevitable. But if the existing constitutional design of the country can't protect us, it's hard to imagine an amicable breakup creating a better one soon.

Daps
“That is, until progressives decide that institutions like the Senate should be scrapped as undemocratic, letting massive changes be implemented by razor-thin margins, or right-populists begin to see a federal government that barely got Donald Trump elected to run for a single term as the only institution capable of defending conservative values.”

Thanks for proving me right about u tho :russ:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
60 min's of canned sunshine.. what's left won't have any fight left in it and will peacefully break up
:merchant:

A nuclear civil war?! No way. Too terrible to contemplate, probably why I think it's so unlikely.:patrice:

I mean, it's all unlikely but yeah

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Death throes of racism, I hope. Keep a foot on their neck.
Racism is alive and well.
It just morphs and changes to fit the times.

Because there's very few if any fundamental structural changes at the state & federal level
the racism and it's segregation will continue.

You have to remember that there are whole swaths of white men/women who hold racist beliefs, support
racist policy & politically are only different on a few key points from their predecessors. They might date non-whites
or smoke marijuana but largely they're 1960's white folks with a new coat of paint.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
:merchant:

A nuclear civil war?! No way. Too terrible to contemplate, probably why I think it's so unlikely.:patrice:

I mean, it's all unlikely but yeah

A nuclear civil war? no not at all. No civil war would ever get to that level, and I don't see another civil war in general happening in the usa. Folk here bark alot, but it's just wolf tickets.

Now a nuclear war.. sure, that's actually very likely. People can front and say it's not, but it is. It will be bad, but over relatively quick.. for the usa anyway.

The rest of the world probably got a solid 20yrs of war/global realignment ahead. But for what's left of americans... peace