Those digital codes that come with Blu-Rays...

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I only use Vudu and movies anywhere :whew:

Looks like those will be the only 2 survivors in the digital game ala Netflix & Hulu..

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

Looks like those will be the only 2 survivors in the digital game ala Netflix & Hulu..

i have a feeling they'll all fold under one umbrella eventually, or somebody will sue over the loss of possibly thousands of dollars in lost purchases.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
yea, got the email today. Guess this digital shyt isnt the best business move. Or all these places being bought out.

i have a feeling they'll all fold under one umbrella eventually, or somebody will sue over the loss of possibly thousands of dollars in lost purchases.

These posts are all just wrong :francis:

I posted in here about UV dying last April This was inevitable and not surprising in the least.

I loved sharing my collection via UV on vudu, but as I mentioned before pretty much all the studios stopped granting UV rights for new releases in the past year other than Sony and WB.

They've all gone all in on Movies Anywhere, which is minus not sharing and being able to piggyback off movies others bought like on UV is a much better system.

Ultraviolet never got the support of the big retailers like MA.

I love being able to shop around and buy a movie on Itunes (even though I dont really have apple products) or Google and watch it on VUDU or the movies anywhere app ro any of the supported retailers.

VUDU has always been my fav but i buy shyt on fandangonow or wherever has the best price and/or highest resolution. It ports everywhere.

and Brad, itunes and Amazon are much bigger as far as digital sales than vudu, but vudu's a loss leader for walmart. should always be around. Which is whats great about MA that if one of them do fold, your movies will still be there.

The MA app is also dope now that they enabled 4K playback and its sometimes easier to just go in there and watch the movies after you cop somewhere, plus all the itunes special features port over. Once Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM join MA the cypher will be complete. :ahh:

The game has changed, just like music(spotify), people would rather subscribe (netflix) rather than own blurays or digital movies.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang

I posted in here about UV dying last April This was inevitable and not surprising in the least.

I loved sharing my collection via UV on vudu, but as I mentioned before pretty much all the studios stopped granting UV rights for new releases in the past year other than Sony and WB.

They've all gone all in on Movies Anywhere, which is minus not sharing and being able to piggyback off movies others bought like on UV is a much better system.

I love being able to shop around and buy a movie on Itunes (even though I dont really have apple products) or Google and watch it on VUDU or the movies anywhere app ro any of the supported retailers.

VUDU has always been my fav but i buy shyt on fandangonow or wherever has the best price and/or highest resolution. It ports everywhere.

and Brad, itunes and Amazon are much bigger as far as digital sales than vudu, but vudu's a loss leader for walmart. should always be around. Which is whats great about MA that if one of them do fold, your movies will still be there.

The MA app is also dope now that they enabled 4K playback and its sometimes easier to just go in there and watch the movies after you cop somewhere, plus all the itunes special features port over. Once Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM join MA the cypher will be complete. :ahh:

The game has changed, just like music(spotify), people would rather subscribe (netflix) rather than own blurays or digital movies.
how is my post "all wrong" when a place like UV is going out of business or being bought out? :heh:....Clearly they LOST. Just because one company is gonna be a monopoly doesnt mean they didnt lose.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

ehhh even thought theyre clearly in the game i dont really count itunes and amazon because those are just part of a bigger entity (apple & amazon inc.) i still prefer vudu because they store tv shows which sadly MA doesnt do.

now if MA ever transfers over tv shows then it's a wrap.. until then vudu will always have a foot in the game. plus like previously mentioned, not all movies are MA compatible.. add to the fact the disc to digital conversions at $2 a pop on vudu :thumbsup:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
how is my post "all wrong" when a place like UV is going out of business or being bought out? :heh:....Clearly they LOST. Just because one company is gonna be a monopoly doesnt mean they didnt lose.
You exposing yourself breh.

How can a movie locker go out of business?

It was just a storage system for your movies that you bought elsewhere. the digital game has changed a lot in the 8 years since it launched. No one buying anyone out, Movies Anywhere released last year and had all the major retailer support that Disney Movies anywhere had previously and that UV never could garner (uv had vudu, and defunct sites like cinemanow which BestBuy owned at one point and Target Ticket and M-Go, which is now Fandangonow)

I'll let someone from another forum explain it better than i can:

"UV is not a profit center. It's a cost center. The studios and retailers both chip in to support UV. The hope is that by offering UV content that people will be more confident about digital purchasing, resulting in higher overall revenue for both than if they didn't offer UV as a feature.

Specifically, when a customer buys or redeems a movie at a retailer, they (roughly) pay 12.5 cents to DECE and the studio that distributed the film pays 12.5 cents as well."

ehhh even thought theyre clearly in the game i dont really count itunes and amazon because those are just part of a bigger entity (apple & amazon inc.) i still prefer vudu because they store tv shows which sadly MA doesnt do.

now if MA ever transfers over tv shows then it's a wrap.. until then vudu will always have a foot in the game. plus like previously mentioned, not all movies are MA compatible.. add to the fact the disc to digital conversions at $2 a pop on vudu :thumbsup:

You do realize VUDU is owned by Walmart. what's the difference?

Loading up on my D2D's that are in my cart

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
For music maybe, but DST still exists. Where has this happened for movies?
breh i dont really care this much to go back and forth about this. i just prefer vudu. :manny:

itunes sucks if you dont have an iphone or mac
amazon charges a monthly or anual fee

vudu is for everyone regardless of hardware and its free
they even have thousands of movies and tv shows for free

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
breh i dont really care this much to go back and forth about this. i just prefer vudu. :manny:

I prefer vudu too. I hate Amazons user interface with a passion. I'm not in the itunes ecosystem either but stuff is usually cheaper there and I occasionally buy on itunes just to watch it on vudu or MA.

But for you to say only Vudu and MA will survive makes zero sense as i said vudu is wayyy smaller than itunes and amazon when it comes to digital sales and MA requires the retailers to exist as it is also a locker system. You can't buy a movie there but you unlike UV you can watch em there.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
You exposing yourself breh.

How can a movie locker go out of business?

It was just a storage system for your movies that you bought elsewhere. the digital game has changed a lot in the 8 years since it launched. No one buying anyone out, Movies Anywhere released last year and had all the major retailer support that Disney Movies anywhere had previously and that UV never could garner (uv had vudu, and defunct sites like cinemanow which BestBuy owned at one point and Target Ticket and M-Go, which is now Fandangonow)

I'll let someone from another forum explain it better than i can:

"UV is not a profit center. It's a cost center. The studios and retailers both chip in to support UV. The hope is that by offering UV content that people will be more confident about digital purchasing, resulting in higher overall revenue for both than if they didn't offer UV as a feature.

Specifically, when a customer buys or redeems a movie at a retailer, they (roughly) pay 12.5 cents to DECE and the studio that distributed the film pays 12.5 cents as well."

You do realize VUDU is owned by Walmart. what's the difference?

Loading up on my D2D's that are in my cart
if thats the case why are they shutting it down? or why did they make it to begin with? if its just a hub and nothing more then i would think there would be no reason to shut it down. How is it costing them anything thats not pocket change. I have movies anywhere so idc but it doesnt make sense to close any of these sites if they are non profit. You would only close something if its not making a profit.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
if thats the case why are they shutting it down? or why did they make it to begin with? if its just a hub and nothing more then i would think there would be no reason to shut it down. How is it costing them anything thats not pocket change. I have movies anywhere so idc but it doesnt make sense to close any of these sites if they are non profit. You would only close something if its not making a profit.
They closed it because movies anywhere came through and crushed the buildings in barely over a year.

Uuniversal and fox went all in on MA and stopped granting UV rights to new movies.

It just made sense to finally shutter it in go with the one that has all the big name retailers.

UV did it's job getting a lot of us to start digital collections. But since MA started I was hoping that UV would close and the others hold outs would join MA

When there are competing formats going after the same market one of them always wins out (word to HD-DVD).

It's probably confusing as fukks to casual consumer too. Even a nerd like me who does this every day has to use a spreadsheet when redeeming 4K copies. Just made sense to streamline it and only have one

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

:comeon: Amazon does both. Amazon Prime Video is there subscription Netflix-style service, while regular Amazon Video is their service to buy (& rent) movies & TV shows.