This whole 9/11 rememberance sh1t needs to stop.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I'll never forget what happened. My thing is im just pissed that we never got real revenge or details about the situation. Eversince then we just got thrown into different wars. And been in fear of our govt since it happened. I remember it being shown time and time again for 2 days straight on every news channel.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Yeah...tru that. It wasn't even us watching in the states. The whole world watched.

I forget, but some writer referred to 9/11 as "the time in history when the world stood still and watched in unison" or something like that.

The entire WORLD watched. Can you fathom an event that big?(The only thing bigger may have been the boxing day Tsunami of 2004) The implications of it? You had people cheering in Across the PLANET in places you never even heard of You had a generation of kids with no idea that we were that hated across the planet. There was cheering in Mexico for fukk sake.. Whole time was in this bytch terrified. I don't understand how people don't realize the scope of the 9/11 attacks. You may not see an event like this the entirety of your life(You better pray you dont), how can you brush that shyt off and forget it.

As a former history major, how can one bare witness to one of the biggest events in history and be told, nahh...it wasn't that deep. How you witness history and brush it off?

Last edited:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
i have no problem remembering it each year....i have a problem with all the other stuff that happens/happened being forgotten about.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
i have no problem remembering it each year....i have a problem with all the other stuff that happens/happened being forgotten about.

Whose fault is that. the governments or yours? None of that information is hidden? It might not be talked about but you know its real. Do you expect Americans to mourn the Earthquake in Hati more than Hatians? You think dudes in Flint, Michigan give a shyt about Rwandan genocide? They aren't Rwandan they are American. I don't get what yall are trying to say. Rest in peace to the Indians. Indians had black slaves too.

Aizen

Absolute Sovereign
Daps
Reppin
Liberia, Madagascar
I have been there. I looked in the crater in the ground when there was nothing there and I know people who lost friends in there. It was horrible. But you find out the sick nature of letting many of the first responders die and the intellectual dishonesty surrounding the entire event and the mythology breaks down. Don't get me started on the first responder thing. I had a grandfather die as a fireman saving peoples' lives and you realize it is a personal issue to me to treat heroes like garbage. The 9/11 firefighters remind me of my grandfather. "It is about the heroes." Yeah right. Don't you remember when they said, "The air is safe to breathe" and people inhaled all that toxic dust and destroyed their lungs? Absolutely unforgivable. It was a total lie that was told and it also helped add to the death toll. Completely wicked. So many are already dead. It makes you think of when Bill Clinton finally apologized to the black men in the Tuskegee experiment and you could look in the crowd and realize how many people had already died off.

I remember 9/11. I remember when a country fell under the absolute hypnosis of the fear mantra. Terrorist color ratings were being plastered on the news and some people literally felt the sky was falling. Many gave up, became weak, stopped chasing their dreams and let their government steal all their rights to "keep them save." The absolute authoritarian rhetoric of "either you support us or the terrorists" was being spewed, bills were being passed that would make a dictator blush in how oppressive it was and for all the talk of "the constitution, the constitution" it became apparent that once SHTF, the country at large burned the constitution. I'm too close to this situation but it makes me sick. Absolutely sick.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's so sensationalized, and to be honest they remember because the majority of them were white.

So if two passenger airplanes flew into two 110 story buildings in NYC and mostly minorities died we wouldn't give a fukk about it? :beli:

It's like them lil pre schoolers in Conneticut, it was 24/7 news coverage cause them little kids was all white.
Has there been a similar incident in which 20 six year olds were murdered in a school that wasn't given media attention?

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I have been there. I looked in the crater in the ground when there was nothing there and I know people who lost friends in there. It was horrible. But you find out the sick nature of letting many of the first responders die and the intellectual dishonesty surrounding the entire event and the mythology breaks down. Don't get me started on the first responder thing. I had a grandfather die as a fireman saving peoples' lives and you realize it is a personal issue to me to treat heroes like garbage. The 9/11 firefighters remind me of my grandfather. "It is about the heroes." Yeah right. Don't you remember when they said, "The air is safe to breathe" and people inhaled all that toxic dust and destroyed their lungs? Absolutely unforgivable. It was a total lie that was told and it also helped add to the death toll. Completely wicked. So many are already dead. It makes you think of when Bill Clinton finally apologized to the black men in the Tuskegee experiment and you could look in the crowd and realize how many people had already died off.

I remember 9/11. I remember when a country fell under the absolute hypnosis of the fear mantra. Terrorist color ratings were being plastered on the news and some people literally felt the sky was falling. Many gave up, became weak, stopped chasing their dreams and let their government steal all their rights to "keep them safe." The absolute authoritarian rhetoric of "either you support us or the terrorists" was being spewed, bills were being passed that would make a dictator blush in how oppressive it was and for all the talk of "the constitution, the constitution" it became apparent that once SHTF, the country at large burned the constitution. I'm too close to this situation but it makes me sick. Absolutely sick.

The government hasn't changed since then and the people haven't woken up from that hyponsis. It's just a new distraction, then changes in law. Rinse, repeat. You say your too close to this but from the outside looking in, we see the same thing.

SemiEnlightenedBum

The Project's Manly P Hall
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
I'm Hard Like D-Block Readin The Book Of Enoch...
I wish we had a memorial for Hurricane Katrina, that shyt was tragic :to:, this too though.

especially heinous consider that the US govt blew the levees up&Blackwater mercenaries were shooting American citizens in cold blood for basically just trying to stay alive

and co-signage at the thread,if you weren't a front line responder(bravery like that deserves kudos REGARDLESS of affiliation)you're just an observer like the rest of us,anything aside from that is just jingoism